After a crash blocked several lanes, northbound Interstate 5 was backed up for nine miles.
A crash blocking several lanes on northbound Interstate 5 near South 188th Street in SeaTac created a 9-mile backup by 6:30 a.m. Thursday.
“That’s one of the first stretches of road that tends to get heavily congested. Those commuters tend to start early,” said Andrea Flatley, a Washington State Department of Transportation spokeswoman.
Flatley suggested commuters consider highways 99 or 167.
“This crash on northbound 5 has jammed up that northbound commute. We’re hoping anyone not yet on the road could consider some other routes,” Flatley said.
Most Read Stories
- Rachel Dolezal struggling after racial-identity scandal in Spokane
- Aerospace firm Electroimpact agrees to pay $485K after AG finds ‘shocking’ discrimination against Muslims
- No repeal for 'Obamacare' — a humiliating defeat for Trump VIEW
- Here's where the Seahawks stand in free agency
- Sen. Patty Murray will oppose Neil Gorsuch for Supreme Court