After a crash blocked several lanes, northbound Interstate 5 was backed up for nine miles.
A crash blocking several lanes on northbound Interstate 5 near South 188th Street in SeaTac created a 9-mile backup by 6:30 a.m. Thursday.
“That’s one of the first stretches of road that tends to get heavily congested. Those commuters tend to start early,” said Andrea Flatley, a Washington State Department of Transportation spokeswoman.
Flatley suggested commuters consider highways 99 or 167.
“This crash on northbound 5 has jammed up that northbound commute. We’re hoping anyone not yet on the road could consider some other routes,” Flatley said.
Most Read Stories
- This season, Seahawks have crossed the line from brash to just plain unlikable | Matt Calkins
- How Seattle Mayor Murray’s plan to help homeless living in RVs unraveled VIEW
- UW star quarterback Jake Browning has surgery on throwing shoulder
- 'It's time for Seattle to shut up': What the national media are saying about the Seahawks' future
- Can’t make it to D.C.? Seattle will have own women’s march