After a crash blocked several lanes, northbound Interstate 5 was backed up for nine miles.
A crash blocking several lanes on northbound Interstate 5 near South 188th Street in SeaTac created a 9-mile backup by 6:30 a.m. Thursday.
“That’s one of the first stretches of road that tends to get heavily congested. Those commuters tend to start early,” said Andrea Flatley, a Washington State Department of Transportation spokeswoman.
Flatley suggested commuters consider highways 99 or 167.
“This crash on northbound 5 has jammed up that northbound commute. We’re hoping anyone not yet on the road could consider some other routes,” Flatley said.
Most Read Stories
- French find "Ratatouille" ever so palatable
- Hawaii woman wins $10.7M off penny slot machine in Vegas
- Seattle elephant Bamboo attacked, bitten at new home in Oklahoma
- Watch: Dash-cam video shows aftermath of morning crash on Highway 520 bridge
- Police report: Wild Waves lifeguard didn't believe kids who reported body in pool