After a crash blocked several lanes, northbound Interstate 5 was backed up for nine miles.
A crash blocking several lanes on northbound Interstate 5 near South 188th Street in SeaTac created a 9-mile backup by 6:30 a.m. Thursday.
“That’s one of the first stretches of road that tends to get heavily congested. Those commuters tend to start early,” said Andrea Flatley, a Washington State Department of Transportation spokeswoman.
Flatley suggested commuters consider highways 99 or 167.
“This crash on northbound 5 has jammed up that northbound commute. We’re hoping anyone not yet on the road could consider some other routes,” Flatley said.
- EgyptAir plane broke up in flight after a fire, evidence suggests
- Susan Kaufman, owner of restaurants Serafina and Cicchetti, dies at 64
- Downtown Bothell blaze deals blow to redevelopment efforts VIEW
- Seahawks would be crazy to let Pete Carroll, John Schneider walk
- 2 teens killed, 3 injured in Edmonds crash