After a crash blocked several lanes, northbound Interstate 5 was backed up for nine miles.
A crash blocking several lanes on northbound Interstate 5 near South 188th Street in SeaTac created a 9-mile backup by 6:30 a.m. Thursday.
“That’s one of the first stretches of road that tends to get heavily congested. Those commuters tend to start early,” said Andrea Flatley, a Washington State Department of Transportation spokeswoman.
Flatley suggested commuters consider highways 99 or 167.
“This crash on northbound 5 has jammed up that northbound commute. We’re hoping anyone not yet on the road could consider some other routes,” Flatley said.
Most Read Stories
- Suspect in Cascade Mall shooting arrested in Oak Harbor WATCH
- Suspect in mall shooting arrested; community mourns victims WATCH
- ‘My God, that’s Kimberly!’: Scientist solves perplexing mystery of identity thief Lori Ruff
- Why ‘whitesplaining’ is hurtful to people of color | Op-Ed
- Mariners suspend Steve Clevenger for remainder of season without pay after tweets on Black Lives Matter