After a crash blocked several lanes, northbound Interstate 5 was backed up for nine miles.
A crash blocking several lanes on northbound Interstate 5 near South 188th Street in SeaTac created a 9-mile backup by 6:30 a.m. Thursday.
“That’s one of the first stretches of road that tends to get heavily congested. Those commuters tend to start early,” said Andrea Flatley, a Washington State Department of Transportation spokeswoman.
Flatley suggested commuters consider highways 99 or 167.
“This crash on northbound 5 has jammed up that northbound commute. We’re hoping anyone not yet on the road could consider some other routes,” Flatley said.
Most Read Stories
- Seattle police spokesman plays video game while talking about fatal shooting of Charleena Lyles; video removed
- Veteran LAPD officer arrested for sex with 15-year-old cadet
- Did you get the letter? WSU sends warning to 1 million people after hard drive with personal info is stolen
- Road rage in Kent: Subaru strikes Jeep three times
- Issaquah student was doing 102 mph — and didn’t get a fine. Should fellow students be the judges?