After a crash blocked several lanes, northbound Interstate 5 was backed up for nine miles.
A crash blocking several lanes on northbound Interstate 5 near South 188th Street in SeaTac created a 9-mile backup by 6:30 a.m. Thursday.
“That’s one of the first stretches of road that tends to get heavily congested. Those commuters tend to start early,” said Andrea Flatley, a Washington State Department of Transportation spokeswoman.
Flatley suggested commuters consider highways 99 or 167.
“This crash on northbound 5 has jammed up that northbound commute. We’re hoping anyone not yet on the road could consider some other routes,” Flatley said.
Most Read Stories
- Washington state will resist federal crackdown on legal weed, AG Ferguson says
- Cheating hubby needs to reset attitude toward ‘affair baby’ | Dear Carolyn
- 5-year-old Kent girl re-creates iconic photos of notable black women for Black History Month VIEW
- T-Mobile one-ups Verizon’s new unlimited data plan; 4Q results top forecasts
- Bothell’s Jacob Sirmon getting a head start as Huskies’ quarterback of the future