Interstate 5 will close up to five times each night in the hours between midnight and 4 a.m. March 20-24 as crews work on power lines in the area. Each closure could last up to 25 minutes.
Interstate 5, just north of downtown Seattle, will close sporadically during late-night hours next week, with closures lasting up to 25 minutes each.
Seattle City Light crews will close both directions of I-5 up to five times each night, Monday through Friday, between the hours of midnight and 4 a.m.
The closures will stretch from just south of the Ship Canal Bridge to Northgate.
Northbound lanes will be closed at I-5’s intersection with Highway 520, and southbound lanes will stop at Northeast Northgate Way.
Most Read Stories
- Submarines dismantled in Puget Sound are symbols of nation’s defense dilemma | Jon Talton
- Democrats are supposed to be fighting back, but they just keep losing | Danny Westneat
- Seattle Zestimates are off by $40,000; now hundreds of data crunchers vie to improve Zillow’s model
- Spike Lee posts, then deletes photo thanking Seahawks' Pete Carroll for signing Colin Kaepernick
- Police: Man hurling racial slurs kills 2, injures 1 on train
The northbound offramp to Ravenna Boulevard at Northeast 65th Street and the northbound onramp to Northeast 50th Street will also be closed from just before midnight Monday to 4 a.m. Tuesday.
City Light crews are pulling power lines over I-5 at Northeast 60th Street as part of work on the electrical system.