Interstate 5 will close up to five times each night in the hours between midnight and 4 a.m. March 20-24 as crews work on power lines in the area. Each closure could last up to 25 minutes.
Interstate 5, just north of downtown Seattle, will close sporadically during late-night hours next week, with closures lasting up to 25 minutes each.
Seattle City Light crews will close both directions of I-5 up to five times each night, Monday through Friday, between the hours of midnight and 4 a.m.
The closures will stretch from just south of the Ship Canal Bridge to Northgate.
Northbound lanes will be closed at I-5’s intersection with Highway 520, and southbound lanes will stop at Northeast Northgate Way.
Most Read Stories
- Woman, 71, lost in Olympics with dog, built shelter, ate ants
- 3 teens killed in Lynnwood crash from Mill Creek high school
- Foreign buyers drop off as Seattle housing market hits hottest tempo since 2006 bubble
- What drivers can and cannot do under Washington state's new distracted-driving law
- Are Seattle housing prices headed for a crash? | Jon Talton
The northbound offramp to Ravenna Boulevard at Northeast 65th Street and the northbound onramp to Northeast 50th Street will also be closed from just before midnight Monday to 4 a.m. Tuesday.
City Light crews are pulling power lines over I-5 at Northeast 60th Street as part of work on the electrical system.