No injuries reported after retaining wall fell Saturday
SHORELINE — A portion of a retaining wall has collapsed in a tunnel that leads to the Metro Transit base in Shoreline.
Nobody was hurt in the collapse Saturday. Crews are investigating the cause, and it’s unknown if Saturday’s heavy rain was a factor.
The Department of Transportation tells KING-TV that the tunnel is used only by Metro buses. The buses have other routes into the facility, and passengers won’t be affected.
Some sections of the high-occupancy vehicle lanes were closed nearby.
Most Read Stories
- Friends honor artist’s last wishes with water ballet in a Seattle kiddie pool WATCH
- Conspiracy monger Alex Jones roams Seattle streets, gets coffee dumped on him
- Seattle Mayor Ed Murray calls for removal of Confederate monument, Lenin statue
- Experts answer your burning questions about the 2017 solar eclipse
- Eclipse traffic already heavy in central Oregon