The information in this timeline was culled from police reports and court documents: Winter 2000: Rebecca Griego and Jonathan Rowan begin...
The information in this timeline was culled from police reports and court documents:
Winter 2000: Rebecca Griego and Jonathan Rowan begin dating, living together off and on.
Summer 2004: The relationship ends, but the two continue to share a home.
Fall or winter 2005: During a fight, Rowan, who was drunk, allegedly pushed Griego out of a room, slamming her ankle in a door.
- Rolled semi spills 14 million bees on I-5 near Lynnwood
- Man's journey to find birth mom ends — at work
- 14 million spilled bees on I-5: 'Everybody's been stung'
- Shawn Kemp to co-host party celebrating Thunder missing playoffs
- Rolled semi spills load of bees at I-5 and I-405 interchange
Most Read Stories
June 30, 2006: Rowan is stopped by a Seattle police officer for allegedly driving 62 mph across the Aurora Bridge. Though Rowan pulls over in the 3700 block of Aurora Avenue North, he allegedly speeds away from the officer and then runs from his vehicle in the middle of Woodland Park Avenue North. The officer chases and arrests him, ultimately booking him into jail on suspicion of driving under the influence. According to the police report, Rowan’s blood-alcohol content was more than 0.24 percent — more than three times the legal limit.
August 2006: Griego and Rowan share a residence. It is unclear whether they have resumed a dating relationship.
Jan. 5, 2007: A bench warrant is issued for Rowan’s arrest after he fails to show up for court in connection with the DUI arrest.
Jan. 5, 2007: Griego comes home to find Rowan drunk. Griego later alleges that Rowan is verbally abusive, throws glass candlestick holders at her, tackles her to the ground and punches her. She does not call police.
January 2007: Griego moves out of the residence she shares with Rowan and tells him she never wants to see him again. He begins calling her at work.
February 2007: Rowan calls Griego at work and threatens to commit suicide because he can’t live without her. She alleges he has done this before. She doesn’t call him back.
March 5, 2007: Rowan allegedly steals two laptop computers from his roommates and suddenly moves out their shared house located about eight blocks east of Ballard High School. His roommates report the theft to Seattle police. One roommate tells the officer that Rowan has been on the run for 10 years and can’t go back to England.
March 6, 2007:
• Rowan calls Griego at work and tells her she can’t get away from him and that she will always need to be looking over her shoulder; he tells her that he knows where to find her but she doesn’t know where he is. Rowan then telephones Griego’s sister demanding Griego’s new address. He allegedly threatens to harm Griego’s sister’s dogs.
• Griego and her sister go to King County Superior Court and are granted temporary protection orders against Rowan.
• Both women then report the incidents to Seattle police and are adamant that they want to pursue charges for threats and harassment. At approximately 8:45 p.m., Griego’s sister returns to the police precinct to report that she has received at least 10 calls from Rowan, in which he allegedly warned, “You better watch your back,” “You’re on my radar now,” and “I’m gonna get your dogs.”
March 7 and 14: Griego gets more threatening phone calls at work.
March 20, 2007: Court records indicate that Griego’s protection order has not been served against Rowan because officials are unable to find him. Griego requests additional time to locate him.
April 2, 2007: Shots fired on the fourth floor of Gould Hall at the University of Washington at 9:30 a.m. Rebecca Griego is fatally shot by Jonathan Rowan, who then kills himself.