A 15-year-old boy is in custody after three people were shot and a fourth stabbed Saturday night at the Northwest Washington Fair in Whatcom...
A 15-year-old boy is in custody after three people were shot and a fourth stabbed Saturday night at the Northwest Washington Fair in Whatcom County, Lynden Police Chief Jack Foster said.
Police said a fight broke out during the final hours of the fair. Officers responded shortly after 10 p.m. and found two males and a female suffering from what appeared to be gunshot wounds, plus another male with an apparent stab wound.
The victims, ranging in age from 18 to 23, were rushed to St. Joseph Hospital in Bellingham, Foster reported. He did not give information about their conditions Sunday.
Police said they took the 15-year-old suspect into custody on the fairgrounds and recovered a handgun. The suspect was booked into juvenile detention on suspicion of one count of attempted murder and two counts of first-degree assault.
- Who do post-Combine mock drafts have the Seahawks selecting?
- Belltown ticket trap turns drivers into 'sitting ducks'
- Microsoft pair claim 'hostess bar' expense queries led to firing
- Slugger Nelson Cruz makes strong first impression with Mariners
- Seattle's new seawall also a highway for fish
Most Read Stories
The fair, advertised as a celebration of Whatcom County’s agricultural heritage every August, ended Saturday.
Amy Martinez: 206-464-2923 or email@example.com