A 15-year-old boy is in custody after three people were shot and a fourth stabbed Saturday night at the Northwest Washington Fair in Whatcom...
A 15-year-old boy is in custody after three people were shot and a fourth stabbed Saturday night at the Northwest Washington Fair in Whatcom County, Lynden Police Chief Jack Foster said.
Police said a fight broke out during the final hours of the fair. Officers responded shortly after 10 p.m. and found two males and a female suffering from what appeared to be gunshot wounds, plus another male with an apparent stab wound.
The victims, ranging in age from 18 to 23, were rushed to St. Joseph Hospital in Bellingham, Foster reported. He did not give information about their conditions Sunday.
Police said they took the 15-year-old suspect into custody on the fairgrounds and recovered a handgun. The suspect was booked into juvenile detention on suspicion of one count of attempted murder and two counts of first-degree assault.
- Designed in Seattle, this $1 cup could save millions of babies
- Trump, Clinton win Washington state primary
- Power restored after major, hour-long outage in downtown Seattle
- Reed brother led detectives to bodies believed to be Arlington couple
- Boeing plans hundreds of layoffs in local IT unit
Most Read Stories
The fair, advertised as a celebration of Whatcom County’s agricultural heritage every August, ended Saturday.
Amy Martinez: 206-464-2923 or email@example.com