Three lanes of Interstate 5 will close again this weekend for repairs, causing traffic congestion entering Seattle from the south.
Three of the five lanes were to close from 8 p.m. Friday until 5 a.m. Monday. A fourth lane will be closed from midnight to 4 a.m.
Four expansion joints in the half-century-old freeway are being replaced near Swift Avenue South, completing a task started last weekend.
Aleta Borschowa, project engineer, warned of increased congestion this weekend, because of families driving on spring school breaks.
- ‘Historic’ tuition cut sets state apart from rest of U.S.
- Seattle man charged with vehicular homicide in cyclist’s death
- Nurse dies from injuries in attack near CenturyLink Field
- Seahawks mailbag: Bobby Wagner's contract, Brandon Mebane's future, and more
- As fast-moving wildfire hits Quincy, police say Wenatchee blaze man-made