Paul-Elliott Cobbs will conduct the Everett Symphony in a program of music hits from 1954 to 2004 with narrator Tony Ventrella...
Most Read Stories
- Swastika-wearing man punched on Seattle street, removes swastika, police say
- Win over 49ers can't mask the fact that these Seahawks are in big trouble | Matt Calkins
- 'Polite Robber' suspect told similar sob story when arrested 8 years ago
- Seattle City Council picks Tim Burgess to replace Bruce Harrell as temporary mayor VIEW
- Let’s get something straight: Pedestrians always have the right of way at intersections
“Night Before New Year’s Eve”
Paul-Elliott Cobbs will conduct the Everett Symphony in a program of music hits from 1954 to 2004 with narrator Tony Ventrella, singer-keyboardist Murl Allen Sanders and singer Nadine Shanti. Showtime is 8 p.m. at the Everett Performing Arts Center, 2710 Wetmore Ave. Doors open at 6:30 p.m. for champagne and hors d’oeuvres. Tickets are $45 and available from the symphony office at 425-257-8382. Information: www.everettsymphony.org.
New Year’s Eve at the Dorothy Jayne Studio
Exhibition dancing by Olga Foraponova, Egor Novikov, Ekaterina Zakharoff and other dance champions, and performances by jazz singer Anna Stovall and Latin band Mango, are scheduled from 8:30 p.m. to 12:30 a.m. Hors d’oeuvres, a midnight champagne toast and all-night general dancing are included. The studio is at 2931 Bond St. Tickets: $45 per person, $85 per couple, by reservation. Information: www.dorothyjaynestudio.com, 425-257-0102 or 425-750-4313.
Pianist Nathaniel LaNasa
LaNasa, a Northwesterner attending the Manhattan School of Music, will present a piano concert of five works of Rachmaninoff, Brahms, Schubert, Debussy and Chopin. LaNasa is presenting the free concert in honor of Frank DeMiero, a former mentor and the conductor of the Sno-King Community Chorale and the Seattle Jazz Singers. Proceeds from donations at the door will be donated in DeMiero’s name to the Edmonds Center for the Arts. The concert will be at 4 p.m. at Trinity Lutheran Church, 6215 196th St. S.W. Information: 425-673-7671.