A 17-year-old Skyway youth accused of forcing his way into a Burien-area home in November and raping a young mother while her baby slept nearby was charged Monday in adult felony court.

Share story

A 17-year-old Skyway boy accused of forcing his way into a Top Hat-area home in November and raping a young mother while her baby slept nearby was charged Monday in adult felony court.

Dailone Raynell Brooks-Harris was charged with first-degree rape with a firearm and first-degree robbery in connection with the home-invasion robbery.

King County sheriff’s spokeswoman Sgt. Cindi West said a second youth is being sought in the attack.

According to sheriff’s investigators, the two intruders were armed with handguns equipped with laser-pointers when they ordered the woman’s boyfriend to let them into the home the night of Nov. 12. They then forced the couple to take off their clothes and go into the laundry room while they ransacked the home.

This week, save 90% on digital access.

The male victim also was pistol-whipped, according to charges.

Deputies said the two gunmen threatened to take the couple’s infant child, who was asleep on a couch.

Brooks-Harris forced the woman to perform sex acts on her boyfriend and then on himself, according to charging paperwork. Brooks-Harris reportedly told the couple that he was a gang member from West Seattle, charges allege.

The woman also told deputies that one of the gunmen, later identified as Brooks-Harris, pressed his gun to her head and asked her, “Do you wanna die?”

Before they left, the gunmen told the victims to stay on the laundry-room floor for 10 minutes. They followed the instructions and then called for help, charges said.

The gunmen took money, cellphones and other items, authorities said.

Investigators were able to identify Brooks-Harris after a DNA test was performed on a pillowcase that had been put over the woman’s head during the sexual assault, according to charges.

Brooks-Harris has previously been convicted of attempted second-degree robbery, fourth-degree assault, criminal trespassing and disorderly conduct, Senior Deputy Prosecutor Cecelia Gregson wrote in charging papers.

Deputies say the victims identified Brooks-Harris from a photo lineup, charges said.

On Thursday, sheriff’s investigators searched Brooks-Harris’ home and found three firearms, according to charges. Brooks-Harris was arrested; he denied being involved in the incident, according to sheriff’s deputies.

Also seized in the search was Brooks-Harris’ cellphone. Investigators found a record of a text-message conversation in which he discussed stealing three firearms during a recent burglary, charges said.

Jennifer Sullivan: 206-464-8294 or jensullivan@seattletimes.com. On Twitter @SeattleSullivan.

Custom-curated news highlights, delivered weekday mornings.