A Tacoma man owes nearly $260,000 in child support, topping a federal list of the nation's worst deadbeat parents.
A Tacoma man owes nearly $260,000 in child support, topping a federal list of the nation’s worst deadbeat parents.
The Tacoma News Tribune reports (http://bit.ly/XwVR2P) that 52-year-old Kenneth Jones’ debt for his two children dates back to 1998. Jones is believed to be in Australia or Hong Kong.
Since January 2012, Jones has topped the deadbeat parent list kept by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. Similar to the FBI’s most wanted list, it features photos of alleged deadbeats and basic information on them and their possible whereabouts.
Only four accused deadbeat parents – all fathers – are on the list. To make it on the list, a parent must owe more than $5,000 in child support, live in a different state than the child or have fled to another state or country to avoid paying child support.
- This drone footage of inside Bertha’s tunnel is like something out of ‘Star Wars’
- Seattle City Council kills sale of street for Sodo arena; Sonics fans despair
- School board rebukes Bellevue football program; possible two-year ban for coach Butch Goncharoff
- Man killed by car pulling out of Seattle parking garage
- Ted Cruz ends his bid for Republican presidential nomination