A Tacoma man owes nearly $260,000 in child support, topping a federal list of the nation's worst deadbeat parents.
A Tacoma man owes nearly $260,000 in child support, topping a federal list of the nation’s worst deadbeat parents.
The Tacoma News Tribune reports (http://bit.ly/XwVR2P) that 52-year-old Kenneth Jones’ debt for his two children dates back to 1998. Jones is believed to be in Australia or Hong Kong.
Since January 2012, Jones has topped the deadbeat parent list kept by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. Similar to the FBI’s most wanted list, it features photos of alleged deadbeats and basic information on them and their possible whereabouts.
Only four accused deadbeat parents – all fathers – are on the list. To make it on the list, a parent must owe more than $5,000 in child support, live in a different state than the child or have fled to another state or country to avoid paying child support.
- Amazon rolls out free same-day delivery for Prime members
- They were millionaires for 3 months, but Seattle couple didn't know it
- Russell Wilson's agent says in 710 ESPN Seattle interview that contract talks are 'encouraging'
- Crash on I-5 at Boeing Access Road backs up traffic for miles
- Photo shows Chicago cops posing over black man with antlers