The 1994 Jeep Wrangler fell about 1,000 feet, and the man inside it was killed.
One person was killed and another critically injured after a crash near Mount Rainier National Park on Saturday , according to the Pierce County Sheriff’s Department.
Fire crews were dispatched to the crash at the Evans Creek Off-Road Vehicle Park, near the Mowich Lake Road entrance to the park, about 5 p.m.
A 1994 Jeep Wrangler went off a cliff, falling about 1,000 feet, and the man inside it was killed.
About 600 feet down the cliff, a woman was critically injured and had to be rescued.
Most Read Stories
- Look back at our live coverage of the solar eclipse WATCH
- Your guide to enjoying the eclipse from Seattle
- 3 surprising Seattle restaurant closures — plus 11 more
- Watch: Alaska Airlines flight offers dramatic view of solar eclipse WATCH
- Friends honor artist’s last wishes with water ballet in a Seattle kiddie pool WATCH