Police this afternoon arrested a 10th-grader who brought three loaded guns and extra ammunition to Federal Way's Todd Beamer High School...
Police this afternoon arrested a 10th-grader who brought three loaded guns and extra ammunition to Federal Way’s Todd Beamer High School.
According to police, the student said he intended to resell the guns, not commit any act of violence. Police tied the guns to a burglary earlier in the day at a Washington state trooper’s house near Puyallup, but said it was not clear whether the student had participated in the burglary.
Todd Beamer, at 35999 16th Ave. S., went into lockdown at 12:48 p.m., shortly after an anonymous tip was reported to the school resource officer. The precautionary lockdown was lifted about an hour later, and the 1,600 students at Todd Beamer were released for the day, police said,
The sophomore, whose name was not disclosed, remains in custody and is facing a felony charge of weapons possession. Another student with knowledge of the guns was questioned by police and released.
- Beloved Mama's Mexican Kitchen in Belltown to close
- Paul Allen's First & Goal signs letter expressing concerns over Sodo arena
- West Seattle couple leaves all their assets -- $847,215 -- to Uncle Sam
- Seattle no longer America's fastest-growing city
- Seattle no longer America's fastest-growing big city