Mr. Jones, a 6-year-old Shiba Inu from Stevens County, won best of breed Monday at the Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show in New York City.
His kennel mate, Sexy Sadie, won best of opposite sex.
Another Shiba Inu, Invictus, bred and formerly owned by Sandi Smith, received an award of merit from the judge. Invictus lives in Finland.
“The competition couldn’t keep up with the Joneses,” Smith texted this morning after the breed classes.
- USC fires head coach Steve Sarkisian, former UW Huskies coach
- Seahawks coach Pete Carroll on Steve Sarkisian: ‘It breaks my heart’
- Seahawks’ Pete Carroll ‘baffled’ after late collapse vs. Bengals
- Time for Seahawks to accept that Marshawn Lynch may go from Beast Mode to Decreased Mode
- Smoking credit-card reader forces Seattle-bound flight to land in N.Y.
Most Read Stories
Mr. Jones, who also won the best of breed in 2010, will compete tonight against the other best of breed winners in the non-sporting category.
The winner of the non-sporting category will compete Tuesday for the prestigious best of show. A Shiba Inu has never won the award.