Mr. Jones, a 6-year-old Shiba Inu from Stevens County, won best of breed Monday at the Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show in New York City.
His kennel mate, Sexy Sadie, won best of opposite sex.
Another Shiba Inu, Invictus, bred and formerly owned by Sandi Smith, received an award of merit from the judge. Invictus lives in Finland.
“The competition couldn’t keep up with the Joneses,” Smith texted this morning after the breed classes.
- A couple thoughts on Fred Jackson, Kam Chancellor and the Seahawks
- UW, Alaska Airlines agree to naming-rights deal for Husky Stadium's field
- Wife upset dad disappointed in baby's gender
- Haggen sues Albertsons for $1 billion over big grocery deal
- After McKinley, it’s time to consider renaming Rainier
Most Read Stories
Mr. Jones, who also won the best of breed in 2010, will compete tonight against the other best of breed winners in the non-sporting category.
The winner of the non-sporting category will compete Tuesday for the prestigious best of show. A Shiba Inu has never won the award.