Mr. Jones, a 6-year-old Shiba Inu from Stevens County, won best of breed Monday at the Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show in New York City.
His kennel mate, Sexy Sadie, won best of opposite sex.
Another Shiba Inu, Invictus, bred and formerly owned by Sandi Smith, received an award of merit from the judge. Invictus lives in Finland.
“The competition couldn’t keep up with the Joneses,” Smith texted this morning after the breed classes.
- Teen, one of 14 siblings, finally gets to be a kid
- Report: Seahawks’ Marshawn Lynch has surgery Wednesday, could be back by late December
- Students say WWU’s response to racist threats not enough
- Seattle sushi fans, rejoice: Shiro's new place is open
- WWU cancels classes Tuesday after racial threats on social media
Most Read Stories
Mr. Jones, who also won the best of breed in 2010, will compete tonight against the other best of breed winners in the non-sporting category.
The winner of the non-sporting category will compete Tuesday for the prestigious best of show. A Shiba Inu has never won the award.