SPOKANE – Spokane police arrested a 16-year-old boy Tuesday night after he stabbed his mother in the head multiple times.
The boy’s 13-year-old brother was able to stop the assault and disarm the older boy, said Officer Jennifer DeRuwe, a spokeswoman for the Spokane Police Department.
The mother was taken to the hospital but did not have life-threatening injuries, DeRuwe said. KHQ reported that most of the wounds were on her skull.
The older boy fled the home, at 2105 E. Southeast Blvd., but was found in the backyard and arrested. DeRuwe said the boy has Asperger’s Syndrome, an autism spectrum disorder characterized by difficulties with social interaction and repetitive behavior patterns.
- Seahawks agree to contract extension with quarterback Russell Wilson
- Dustin Ackley trade symbolizes continuing dark days of Mariners
- Surviving Seattle’s sidewalks: Pedestrian rage rises as the population grows
- Shell icebreaker begins journey after protesters removed from Portland bridge
- Haggen cuts worker hours in Seattle area
Most Read Stories
The 16-year-old was booked into juvenile detention on suspicion of first-degree assault.