SPOKANE – Spokane police arrested a 16-year-old boy Tuesday night after he stabbed his mother in the head multiple times.
The boy’s 13-year-old brother was able to stop the assault and disarm the older boy, said Officer Jennifer DeRuwe, a spokeswoman for the Spokane Police Department.
The mother was taken to the hospital but did not have life-threatening injuries, DeRuwe said. KHQ reported that most of the wounds were on her skull.
The older boy fled the home, at 2105 E. Southeast Blvd., but was found in the backyard and arrested. DeRuwe said the boy has Asperger’s Syndrome, an autism spectrum disorder characterized by difficulties with social interaction and repetitive behavior patterns.
- A couple thoughts on Fred Jackson, Kam Chancellor and the Seahawks
- Haggen sues Albertsons for $1 billion over big grocery deal
- After McKinley, it’s time to consider renaming Rainier
- Six sickened by E. coli linked to local food truck
- Huskies’ colors for opener are purple, green
Most Read Stories
The 16-year-old was booked into juvenile detention on suspicion of first-degree assault.