SPOKANE – Spokane police arrested a 16-year-old boy Tuesday night after he stabbed his mother in the head multiple times.
The boy’s 13-year-old brother was able to stop the assault and disarm the older boy, said Officer Jennifer DeRuwe, a spokeswoman for the Spokane Police Department.
The mother was taken to the hospital but did not have life-threatening injuries, DeRuwe said. KHQ reported that most of the wounds were on her skull.
The older boy fled the home, at 2105 E. Southeast Blvd., but was found in the backyard and arrested. DeRuwe said the boy has Asperger’s Syndrome, an autism spectrum disorder characterized by difficulties with social interaction and repetitive behavior patterns.
- Costco will buy most farmed salmon from Norway, not Chile
- Italian court throws out Knox conviction once and for all
- Let's cut traffic by road rationing, Italian style
- Mariners prospect hit by boat dies at age 20
- Hey, drivers, good luck penetrating the new Seattle
Most Read Stories
The 16-year-old was booked into juvenile detention on suspicion of first-degree assault.