SPOKANE – Spokane police arrested a 16-year-old boy Tuesday night after he stabbed his mother in the head multiple times.
The boy’s 13-year-old brother was able to stop the assault and disarm the older boy, said Officer Jennifer DeRuwe, a spokeswoman for the Spokane Police Department.
The mother was taken to the hospital but did not have life-threatening injuries, DeRuwe said. KHQ reported that most of the wounds were on her skull.
The older boy fled the home, at 2105 E. Southeast Blvd., but was found in the backyard and arrested. DeRuwe said the boy has Asperger’s Syndrome, an autism spectrum disorder characterized by difficulties with social interaction and repetitive behavior patterns.
- Purple Heart plant bed vandalized days before Memorial Day
- Refusal in Bernie Sandersland to accept reality is really unreal
- Central District’s shrinking black community wonders what’s next
- Seattle’s vanishing black community
- All’s still not smooth for Uber after its bumpy ride to Sea-Tac Airport
Most Read Stories
The 16-year-old was booked into juvenile detention on suspicion of first-degree assault.