Many of the 250 people who attended Thursday's public forum in Tacoma on regulating marijuana are already involved in medical marijuana.
Many of the 250 people who attended Thursday’s public forum in Tacoma on regulating marijuana are already involved in medical marijuana.
Commenters advised the state Liquor Control Board to remember the little guy as the recreational marijuana industry goes legit. They said spread the wealth and involve mom and pop growers.
The News Tribune reports ( http://bit.ly/YhXsgb) many at the forum also said the venture approved last November by voters would fail if the state tries to regulate or tax the industry too heavily.
It was the sixth public forum as the liquor board takes comments on rules for licensing marijuana producers, processors and retailers. Two more forums are scheduled Thursday in Yakima and March 7 in Bremerton.
- School board rebukes Bellevue football program; possible two-year ban for coach Butch Goncharoff
- The hidden homeless: families in the suburbs
- This drone footage of inside Bertha’s tunnel is like something out of ‘Star Wars’
- How the Seahawks got two first-round picks in the NFL draft
- Mayor, Chris Hansen denounce misogynistic comments over council arena vote
Most Read Stories
Information from: The News Tribune, http://www.thenewstribune.com