Many of the 250 people who attended Thursday's public forum in Tacoma on regulating marijuana are already involved in medical marijuana.
Many of the 250 people who attended Thursday’s public forum in Tacoma on regulating marijuana are already involved in medical marijuana.
Commenters advised the state Liquor Control Board to remember the little guy as the recreational marijuana industry goes legit. They said spread the wealth and involve mom and pop growers.
The News Tribune reports ( http://bit.ly/YhXsgb) many at the forum also said the venture approved last November by voters would fail if the state tries to regulate or tax the industry too heavily.
It was the sixth public forum as the liquor board takes comments on rules for licensing marijuana producers, processors and retailers. Two more forums are scheduled Thursday in Yakima and March 7 in Bremerton.
- Pursuit of big-money contract comes at a cost for Seahawks QB Russell Wilson
- Ticket prices soar, then drop for World Cup
- As Puget Sound sweats, few air conditioners are cooling us down
- Whitest big county in the U.S.? It’s us
- Russell Wilson talks baseball, contract and other stuff on Jimmy Kimmel
Most Read Stories
Information from: The News Tribune, http://www.thenewstribune.com