Searchers took a missing Mount Vernon woman's dog back to Sauk Mountain, but snow prevented them from reaching the spot where Patricia Krieger was last seen.
Searchers took a missing Mount Vernon woman’s dog back to Sauk Mountain, but snow prevented them from reaching the spot where Patricia Krieger was last seen.
After Saturday’s unsuccessful search, Skagit County sheriff’s Chief Criminal Deputy Will Reichardt told the Skagit Valley Herald that weather will dictate the next attempt.
The 65-year-old Krieger disappeared Oct. 2 when she and her dog became separated from her boyfriend and a few of his relatives. They had scattered his parents’ ashes on the 5,500-foot mountain in the North Cascades. The search was called off Oct. 5.
On Wednesday, her dog – a Rottweiler named Bear – was found near Rockport, malnourished and underweight.
- Mariners prospect hit by boat dies at age 20
- Costco will buy most farmed salmon from Norway, not Chile
- Low wages for aerospace workers despite tax breaks for employers
- Let's cut traffic by road rationing, Italian style
- A mom's tweet about Oreos in school stirs up culture wars
Most Read Stories
Information from: Skagit Valley Herald, http://www.skagitvalleyherald.com