Searchers took a missing Mount Vernon woman's dog back to Sauk Mountain, but snow prevented them from reaching the spot where Patricia Krieger was last seen.
Searchers took a missing Mount Vernon woman’s dog back to Sauk Mountain, but snow prevented them from reaching the spot where Patricia Krieger was last seen.
After Saturday’s unsuccessful search, Skagit County sheriff’s Chief Criminal Deputy Will Reichardt told the Skagit Valley Herald that weather will dictate the next attempt.
The 65-year-old Krieger disappeared Oct. 2 when she and her dog became separated from her boyfriend and a few of his relatives. They had scattered his parents’ ashes on the 5,500-foot mountain in the North Cascades. The search was called off Oct. 5.
On Wednesday, her dog – a Rottweiler named Bear – was found near Rockport, malnourished and underweight.
- Amazon.com just tip of Seattle boom
- Michael Bennett not expected to attend as Seahawks begin voluntary workouts
- Boeing retools Renton plant for 737's big ramp-up
- Auburn woman sentenced to life for torturing family
- Average price of legal pot drops to about $12 a gram
Most Read Stories
Information from: Skagit Valley Herald, http://www.skagitvalleyherald.com