The Sounders MLS Cup march and rally on Tuesday "felt like being with a bunch of friends," writes Sketcher Gabriel Campanario.
Sketched Dec. 13, 2016
The Sounders MLS Cup march and rally on Tuesday was no Super Bowl celebration. (Remember February 2014?)
Instead of bulky military trucks and monstrous amphibious vehicles that made players hard to approach, four little trolley buses escorted by cops on bikes carried the soccer stars from Westlake Park to Seattle Center.
But having a smaller-scale affair is what made the experience special for me. Thousands still attended, yet it felt like being with a bunch of friends, cheering and chanting under the bluest sky you’ve ever seen. Thank you, Sounders!
Most Read Stories
- 'I'm amazed tourists ever come back': Your comments on Seattle's poor tourism survey
- Nathan Hale's Michael Porter Jr. asks for release from Washington
- Rare, often fatal, respiratory disease carried by mice — hantavirus — confirmed in King County
- Washington loses 2017 incoming point guard Blake Harris
- Measles cases in South Lake Union: Were you exposed?