The Sounders MLS Cup march and rally on Tuesday "felt like being with a bunch of friends," writes Sketcher Gabriel Campanario.
Sketched Dec. 13, 2016
The Sounders MLS Cup march and rally on Tuesday was no Super Bowl celebration. (Remember February 2014?)
Instead of bulky military trucks and monstrous amphibious vehicles that made players hard to approach, four little trolley buses escorted by cops on bikes carried the soccer stars from Westlake Park to Seattle Center.
But having a smaller-scale affair is what made the experience special for me. Thousands still attended, yet it felt like being with a bunch of friends, cheering and chanting under the bluest sky you’ve ever seen. Thank you, Sounders!
Most Read Stories
- Washington distracted-driving law has drivers wondering if they can still drink coffee on the road VIEW
- Starbucks closes Teavana stores, doubles down on China coffee shops as quarter misses forecasts
- Chinese millionaires pick Seattle as No. 2 place in the world to live, survey shows | FYI Guy
- Seahawks trade LB Kevin Pierre-Louis to Chiefs for D.J. Alexander
- Woman, 71, lost in Olympic National Park with dog, built shelter, ate ants