The Sounders MLS Cup march and rally on Tuesday "felt like being with a bunch of friends," writes Sketcher Gabriel Campanario.
Sketched Dec. 13, 2016
The Sounders MLS Cup march and rally on Tuesday was no Super Bowl celebration. (Remember February 2014?)
Instead of bulky military trucks and monstrous amphibious vehicles that made players hard to approach, four little trolley buses escorted by cops on bikes carried the soccer stars from Westlake Park to Seattle Center.
But having a smaller-scale affair is what made the experience special for me. Thousands still attended, yet it felt like being with a bunch of friends, cheering and chanting under the bluest sky you’ve ever seen. Thank you, Sounders!
Most Read Stories
- Swastika-wearing man punched on Seattle street, removes swastika, police say
- 'Polite Robber' suspect told similar sob story when arrested 8 years ago
- Pete Carroll on Seahawks offense: 'There will be some things that will be a little bit different this week' WATCH
- In Seattle mayoral race between Jenny Durkan and Cary Moon, it’s the same old sexist nonsense | Nicole Brodeur
- U.S. Attorney General Jeff Sessions sips a 'Nuke Waste' during low-key visit to Kitsap