The Sounders MLS Cup march and rally on Tuesday "felt like being with a bunch of friends," writes Sketcher Gabriel Campanario.
Sketched Dec. 13, 2016
The Sounders MLS Cup march and rally on Tuesday was no Super Bowl celebration. (Remember February 2014?)
Instead of bulky military trucks and monstrous amphibious vehicles that made players hard to approach, four little trolley buses escorted by cops on bikes carried the soccer stars from Westlake Park to Seattle Center.
But having a smaller-scale affair is what made the experience special for me. Thousands still attended, yet it felt like being with a bunch of friends, cheering and chanting under the bluest sky you’ve ever seen. Thank you, Sounders!
Most Read Stories
- Submarines dismantled in Puget Sound are symbols of nation’s defense dilemma | Jon Talton
- Democrats are supposed to be fighting back, but they just keep losing | Danny Westneat
- Spike Lee posts, then deletes photo thanking Seahawks' Pete Carroll for signing Colin Kaepernick
- Swedish double-booked its surgeries, and the patients didn't know | Quantity of Care
- Seattle Zestimates are off by $40,000; now hundreds of data crunchers vie to improve Zillow’s model