Several events are planned Monday to commemorate the Martin Luther King Jr. holiday. Among them:
Martin Luther King Jr. Celebration: Workshops, including several geared toward youth, 9:30-10:45 a.m. Monday; rally, 11 a.m.; march to the Jackson Federal Building, 12:30 p.m. Monday; Garfield High School, 400 23rd Ave., Seattle. www.MLKseattle.org.
MLK Celebration and Inauguration Viewing: 8 a.m.-3 p.m. Monday, Northwest African American Museum, 2300 S. Massachusetts St., Seattle; free. 206-518-6000 or www.naamnw.org.
King Holiday Hoopfest: 9 a.m.-8 p.m. Monday, Royal Brougham Pavilion, Seattle Pacific University, 3414 Third Ave. W., Seattle: $10. www.fohseattle.com.
- Shell icebreaker begins journey after protesters removed from Portland bridge
- Surviving Seattle’s sidewalks: Pedestrian rage rises as the population grows
- Silence deafening as Russell Wilson deadline for extension nears
- Haggen cuts worker hours in Seattle area
- Alaska Airlines has 72-hour sale on fall travel to Hawaii