A funeral Mass for Carol Parsons — the 38-year-old Lakewood woman killed last week during a counseling session with her ex-husband in Federal Way — will be held Saturday in Covington.
A funeral Mass for Carol Parsons — the 38-year-old Lakewood woman killed last week during a counseling session with her ex-husband in Federal Way — will be held on Saturday.
The service is scheduled for 11 a.m. at the St. John the Baptist Catholic Church, 25810 156th Ave. S.E., Covington.
There will be a candlelight vigil at 7 p.m. Friday at the church.
Parsons’ former husband, Charles “Chuck” Parsons, 42, is being held at the King County Jail on $5 million bail in connection with her death.
- On his birthday, Russell Wilson gives Seattle Seahawks perhaps his greatest game to beat Pittsburgh Steelers
- Seahawks 39, Steelers 30: What the national media are saying about Russell Wilson and Seattle's turnaround
- Update: Seahawks' Jimmy Graham suffers right knee injury vs. Steelers, will miss rest of season
- Seattle Seahawks’ swagger, hopes for playoffs are back after they slam door on Pittsburgh Steelers
- Suspected burglar dies after getting stuck in chimney
Most Read Stories
According to police and prosecutors, the Parsons divorced last year but were attending sessions at Lutheran Counseling Network in a Federal Way church to help ease the transition.
Carol Parsons’ brother, Howard Hales, said his sister had hoped to help her ex-husband find “closure and peace.”
Charles Parsons, however, wanted a reconciliation and asked Carol Parsons if she would give up her new boyfriend, according to court documents.
When she refused during their March 17 session, Parsons allegedly pulled out a gun and fired, striking his ex-wife five times.
The Parsons had been married 12 years and had three children: a girl, 11, and two boys, 9 and 5.
The children are with relatives, and a trust has been established for their care and education.
Donations may be made to them through the “Parsons Irrevocable Trust” in care of St. John the Baptist Church in Covington.
Christine Clarridge: 206-464-8983 or firstname.lastname@example.org