The Mason County sheriff's office says a 20-year-old Seattle woman drowned while swimming with friends at a lake about 10 miles west of Shelton.
The Mason County sheriff’s office says a 20-year-old Seattle woman drowned while swimming with friends at a lake about 10 miles west of Shelton.
The sheriff’s office says Katiana A. Taylor was swimming to a buoy in Nahwatzel Lake about 120 feet from shore Sunday evening when friends noticed she was struggling.
The Olympian reports ( http://bit.ly/13joHdB) their rescue attempts were unsuccessful.
Boats with Fire District 12 and medics with Central Mason Fire searched for her. The Mason County Dive Rescue Team recovered the body in about 20 feet of water. She was pronounced dead at the scene.
- Tourists robbed, beaten downtown ‘afraid to go back’ to Seattle
- Animated map: How the wildfires in North Central Washington have grown over time
- Steve Sarkisian was reimbursed by Washington for hefty alcohol bills
- Seahawks safety Kam Chancellor holdout FAQ
- Why did the Mariners’ season go terribly wrong?
Most Read Stories
Information from: The Olympian, http://www.theolympian.com