The Mason County sheriff's office says a 20-year-old Seattle woman drowned while swimming with friends at a lake about 10 miles west of Shelton.
The Mason County sheriff’s office says a 20-year-old Seattle woman drowned while swimming with friends at a lake about 10 miles west of Shelton.
The sheriff’s office says Katiana A. Taylor was swimming to a buoy in Nahwatzel Lake about 120 feet from shore Sunday evening when friends noticed she was struggling.
The Olympian reports ( http://bit.ly/13joHdB) their rescue attempts were unsuccessful.
Boats with Fire District 12 and medics with Central Mason Fire searched for her. The Mason County Dive Rescue Team recovered the body in about 20 feet of water. She was pronounced dead at the scene.
- Seahawks made mistake by drafting Frank Clark
- Seahawks gamble with both of their picks
- Blues legend B.B. King in hospice at his home in Las Vegas
- Peaceful rallies give way to May Day clash, injuries on Capitol Hill
- Did she blow? NW submarine volcano likely just erupted
Most Read Stories
Information from: The Olympian, http://www.theolympian.com