The Mason County sheriff's office says a 20-year-old Seattle woman drowned while swimming with friends at a lake about 10 miles west of Shelton.
The Mason County sheriff’s office says a 20-year-old Seattle woman drowned while swimming with friends at a lake about 10 miles west of Shelton.
The sheriff’s office says Katiana A. Taylor was swimming to a buoy in Nahwatzel Lake about 120 feet from shore Sunday evening when friends noticed she was struggling.
The Olympian reports ( http://bit.ly/13joHdB) their rescue attempts were unsuccessful.
Boats with Fire District 12 and medics with Central Mason Fire searched for her. The Mason County Dive Rescue Team recovered the body in about 20 feet of water. She was pronounced dead at the scene.
- Costco will buy most farmed salmon from Norway, not Chile
- Mariners prospect hit by boat dies at age 20
- Italian court throws out Knox conviction once and for all
- Let's cut traffic by road rationing, Italian style
- Russell Wilson hits homer with Texas Rangers
Most Read Stories
Information from: The Olympian, http://www.theolympian.com