The Mason County sheriff's office says a 20-year-old Seattle woman drowned while swimming with friends at a lake about 10 miles west of Shelton.
The Mason County sheriff’s office says a 20-year-old Seattle woman drowned while swimming with friends at a lake about 10 miles west of Shelton.
The sheriff’s office says Katiana A. Taylor was swimming to a buoy in Nahwatzel Lake about 120 feet from shore Sunday evening when friends noticed she was struggling.
The Olympian reports ( http://bit.ly/13joHdB) their rescue attempts were unsuccessful.
Boats with Fire District 12 and medics with Central Mason Fire searched for her. The Mason County Dive Rescue Team recovered the body in about 20 feet of water. She was pronounced dead at the scene.
- Black Lives Matter protesters march, have sit-ins in Seattle
- Game thread: Huskies dominate Cougars in Apple Cup
- For UW, an Apple Cup victory that doubled as a breakthrough
- Swarming defense, Myles Gaskin helps UW rout WSU in Apple Cup
- Bill Gates to commit billions for clean energy
Most Read Stories
Information from: The Olympian, http://www.theolympian.com