The principal at a Seattle language immersion school has been named Washington's elementary principal of the year.
The principal at a Seattle language immersion school has been named Washington’s elementary principal of the year.
Kelly Aramaki learned of the honor at a surprise school assembly on Monday morning.
Since 2011, Aramaki has been principal at Beacon Hill International School, a high poverty school where most students come from immigrant families. Nearly a third speak English as their second language.
The Elementary School Principals Association of Washington praised Aramaki for his focus on instructional leadership and collaboration with teachers. He prioritizes communication with parents. And is known for singing at school.
- Seahawks 39, Steelers 30: What the national media are saying about Russell Wilson and Seattle's turnaround
- On his birthday, Russell Wilson gives Seattle Seahawks perhaps his greatest game to beat Pittsburgh Steelers
- Girlfriend finds nothing funny about couple’s sense of humor
- Lake Stevens quarterback Jacob Eason gets visit from WSU’s Mike Leach; commitment to Georgia ‘in holding pattern’
- Could losing Jimmy Graham somehow help galvanize the Seattle Seahawks for a playoff run?
Most Read Stories
In 2010, he earned the prestigious Milken Family Foundation Award.
He will be honored this fall in Washington D.C., along with principals from around the country.