The principal at a Seattle language immersion school has been named Washington's elementary principal of the year.
The principal at a Seattle language immersion school has been named Washington’s elementary principal of the year.
Kelly Aramaki learned of the honor at a surprise school assembly on Monday morning.
Since 2011, Aramaki has been principal at Beacon Hill International School, a high poverty school where most students come from immigrant families. Nearly a third speak English as their second language.
The Elementary School Principals Association of Washington praised Aramaki for his focus on instructional leadership and collaboration with teachers. He prioritizes communication with parents. And is known for singing at school.
- Seattle police officer faces firing over arrest of man carrying a golf club
- Mariners’ triple play hadn’t been seen since 1955
- 5 things you should know about Microsoft’s Windows 10
- Before getting the ax, Steve Sandmeyer show was scraping by
- True-crime author Ann Rule dies at age 83
Most Read Stories
In 2010, he earned the prestigious Milken Family Foundation Award.
He will be honored this fall in Washington D.C., along with principals from around the country.