TACOMA (AP) — Specialized license plates for Seattle Seahawks and Sounders fans go on sale today.
The plates feature the 12th Man flag for the Seahawks and a team scarf for Sounders FC.
The News Tribune reports the first 25 were auctioned off last month. The coveted 00012 plate went for $42,299.
The state Department of Licensing has said demand will determine how many plates will be sold. Proceeds will benefit three nonprofit groups.
- Live updates from May Day in Seattle: Anti-capitalist protesters clash with police
- Good news about coconut oil, melatonin and turmeric
- 9 arrested, 5 officers hurt as May Day anti-capitalist march turns violent
- Visitors trash Washington island, so officials shut it down for good
- Breaking down the Seahawks' reported undrafted free agents