TACOMA (AP) — Specialized license plates for Seattle Seahawks and Sounders fans go on sale today.
The plates feature the 12th Man flag for the Seahawks and a team scarf for Sounders FC.
The News Tribune reports the first 25 were auctioned off last month. The coveted 00012 plate went for $42,299.
The state Department of Licensing has said demand will determine how many plates will be sold. Proceeds will benefit three nonprofit groups.
- Expect traffic delays when Obama arrives in Seattle Friday afternoon
- US airman who thwarted French train attack stabbed in brawl
- Huskies upset USC 17-12 and beat Steve Sarkisian, their former coach
- Even in death, 'Up' house owner Edith Macefield remains a mystery
- Lloyd McClendon’s status is at the top of the new Mariners GM’s list