TACOMA (AP) — Specialized license plates for Seattle Seahawks and Sounders fans go on sale today.
The plates feature the 12th Man flag for the Seahawks and a team scarf for Sounders FC.
The News Tribune reports the first 25 were auctioned off last month. The coveted 00012 plate went for $42,299.
The state Department of Licensing has said demand will determine how many plates will be sold. Proceeds will benefit three nonprofit groups.
- Seahawks 39, Steelers 30: What the national media are saying about Russell Wilson and Seattle's turnaround
- On his birthday, Russell Wilson gives Seattle Seahawks perhaps his greatest game to beat Pittsburgh Steelers
- Lake Stevens quarterback Jacob Eason gets visit from WSU’s Mike Leach; commitment to Georgia ‘in holding pattern’
- Girlfriend finds nothing funny about couple’s sense of humor
- WWU police arrest 19-year-old student in racist-threats case