TACOMA (AP) — Specialized license plates for Seattle Seahawks and Sounders fans go on sale today.
The plates feature the 12th Man flag for the Seahawks and a team scarf for Sounders FC.
The News Tribune reports the first 25 were auctioned off last month. The coveted 00012 plate went for $42,299.
The state Department of Licensing has said demand will determine how many plates will be sold. Proceeds will benefit three nonprofit groups.
- Seattle’s vanishing black community
- Bellevue School District seeks to fire football coach Goncharoff over scandal
- Designed in Seattle, this $1 cup could save millions of babies
- Infections are the culprit in Alzheimer’s disease, Harvard study suggests
- 1,000 fraternity, sorority members trash Lake Shasta campsite