The Seattle Art Museum will be changing its hours on July 1. The new hours will be 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Wednesday-Sunday, with hours extended to 9 p.m. on Thursdays. The museum will no longer be open to the public on Tuesdays or on Friday evenings.
Cara Egan, SAM’s director of marketing and public relations, commented that the new hours will provide savings in operating cost and will also “align with our current visitor patterns.” The hours reduction won’t entail any cuts in staffing or programming.
“We have been closed on both Mondays and Tuesdays in the past,” she said, adding, “There was not enough attendance on Friday evenings to continue to keep the museum open late. However, visitors are coming to SAM on Thursday evenings and we will continue to offer Remix at SAM downtown three times a year on Friday evenings.”
For more information about exhibits at SAM, call 206-654-3100 or go to www.seattleartmuseum.org.
- Residents return to ‘war zone’ in wake of Wenatchee wildfire
- How ISIS methodically groomed a lonely young Wash. state woman
- Lake City residents fight to regain use of now-private beach
- Despite struggles on and off field, ex-Skyline star QB Jake Heaps still chasing his dream
- Woman knocked unconscious by falling drone during Seattle's Pride parade