The Seattle Art Museum will be changing its hours on July 1. The new hours will be 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Wednesday-Sunday, with hours extended to 9 p.m. on Thursdays. The museum will no longer be open to the public on Tuesdays or on Friday evenings.
Cara Egan, SAM’s director of marketing and public relations, commented that the new hours will provide savings in operating cost and will also “align with our current visitor patterns.” The hours reduction won’t entail any cuts in staffing or programming.
“We have been closed on both Mondays and Tuesdays in the past,” she said, adding, “There was not enough attendance on Friday evenings to continue to keep the museum open late. However, visitors are coming to SAM on Thursday evenings and we will continue to offer Remix at SAM downtown three times a year on Friday evenings.”
For more information about exhibits at SAM, call 206-654-3100 or go to www.seattleartmuseum.org.
- Seattle City Council kills sale of street for Sodo arena; Sonics fans despair
- Former Skyline High QB Jake Heaps signs with Seahawks
- 9 arrested, 5 officers hurt as May Day anti-capitalist march turns violent
- Sinkhole forms above Sound Transit light-rail tunnel in Roosevelt area
- High court rejects franchises’ challenge to Seattle’s $15 wage law