As concerns over salmonella in foods containing peanut butter or peanut paste continue to rise, Albertsons grocery stores are recalling possibly contaminated dog treats sold in Washington and seven other states.
Albertsons is voluntarily recalling Happy Tails multiflavored dog-biscuit products, saying they may contain peanut butter that could be contaminated with salmonella.
The decision comes after federal authorities urged consumers to avoid foods containing peanut butter until more is known about a deadly outbreak of salmonella possibly linked to a Blakely, Ga., facility owned by Peanut Corp. of America.
The dog treats have not been linked directly to the salmonella outbreak; Albertsons said it was recalling the products “out of an abundance of caution.”
- USC fires head coach Steve Sarkisian, former UW Huskies coach
- Seahawks coach Pete Carroll on Steve Sarkisian: ‘It breaks my heart’
- Seahawks’ Pete Carroll ‘baffled’ after late collapse vs. Bengals
- McMenamins Anderson School grand opening is Thursday
- Seattle council candidate alleges political shakedown by developer