As concerns over salmonella in foods containing peanut butter or peanut paste continue to rise, Albertsons grocery stores are recalling possibly contaminated dog treats sold in Washington and seven other states.
Albertsons is voluntarily recalling Happy Tails multiflavored dog-biscuit products, saying they may contain peanut butter that could be contaminated with salmonella.
The decision comes after federal authorities urged consumers to avoid foods containing peanut butter until more is known about a deadly outbreak of salmonella possibly linked to a Blakely, Ga., facility owned by Peanut Corp. of America.
The dog treats have not been linked directly to the salmonella outbreak; Albertsons said it was recalling the products “out of an abundance of caution.”
- Students seeking sugar daddies for tuition, rent
- Purple Heart plant bed vandalized days before Memorial Day
- Refusal in Bernie Sandersland to accept reality is really unreal
- Central District’s shrinking black community wonders what’s next
- All’s still not smooth for Uber after its bumpy ride to Sea-Tac Airport