There’s the potential for some traffic snarls this weekend around the Sodo stadiums, the Alaskan Way Viaduct and on Interstate 5, so be prepared and plan ahead.
Here’s a list of what’s happening:
The viaduct is closed from 6 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday and from 6 a.m. to noon Sunday, for its routine semiannual inspection.
The onramp from the West Seattle Bridge route (elevated Spokane Street) to southbound I-5 will close from 10 p.m. Friday until 5 a.m. Monday, to repair expansion joints between the elevated bridge spans.
- After embarrassment, Seattle finds public toilet that's just right
- NFL.com says Seahawks have most talented roster in league, and speculate on starting lineup
- Seattle's best restaurants? Classics revisited
- Capitol Hill light-rail station nearly ready for trains to rumble
- Historically black Central District could be less than 10% black in a decade
Most Read Stories
Sounders FC play a match Saturday night at CenturyLink Field, against the Montreal Impact, drawing an expected 40,000 fans.
Emerald City Comicon runs Friday, Saturday and Sunday, bringing 19,000 people to the state convention center.
A running event, the Hot Chocolate 15k/5k, will close the Aurora Bridge on Sunday from 6:15 to 11 a.m., and draw up to 12,000 people to Seattle Center and surrounding streets.
Three of four southbound lanes of I-5, from Green Lake to the Ship Canal Bridge, will close Friday night and Saturday night, from 10 p.m. to 10 a.m., for pavement regrinding.
The state Department of Transportation’s homepage about weekend closures, and the DOT’s traffic app, can be found at 1.usa.gov/WnqRYg.