SNOQUALMIE PASS — The King County Sheriff’s Office says a backcountry skier has been injured in an avalanche near Snoqualmie Pass.
Initial reports suggested the skier may have suffered two broken legs.
Search-and-rescue crews arrived at the skier’s location Sunday afternoon. Authorities told KOMO-TV that the rescue effort could take all night.
Weather conditions have made a helicopter rescue impossible, the sheriff’s office said.
- 4 Mount Rainier High teens charged in alleged gang rape on field trip
- Examining if the Seahawks would be a good fit for Matt Forte
- Woman’s throat cut in South Lake Union assault; man arrested
- Manhole cover crashes into SUV's windshield, killing driver
- How opera, QVC and his ‘Dirty Jobs’ gig prepared Mike Rowe for the Seattle stage
Most Read Stories
The avalanche was reported near Alpental, which includes expert backcountry terrain and is part of The Summit at Snoqualmie, a ski area east of Seattle.