SNOQUALMIE PASS — The King County Sheriff’s Office says a backcountry skier has been injured in an avalanche near Snoqualmie Pass.
Initial reports suggested the skier may have suffered two broken legs.
Search-and-rescue crews arrived at the skier’s location Sunday afternoon. Authorities told KOMO-TV that the rescue effort could take all night.
Weather conditions have made a helicopter rescue impossible, the sheriff’s office said.
- Husky guide on UW cheerleading tryouts goes global
- Look like this, not that: UW pulls cheerleader-tryout advice after angry backlash
- Seahawks take Germain Ifedi with first-round pick in NFL draft
- APNewsBreak: Investigators look at overdose in Prince death
- Mexican agents hunting fugitives in Arlington slayings: ‘It’s only going to be a few days’
Most Read Stories
The avalanche was reported near Alpental, which includes expert backcountry terrain and is part of The Summit at Snoqualmie, a ski area east of Seattle.