SNOQUALMIE PASS — The King County Sheriff’s Office says a backcountry skier has been injured in an avalanche near Snoqualmie Pass.
Initial reports suggested the skier may have suffered two broken legs.
Search-and-rescue crews arrived at the skier’s location Sunday afternoon. Authorities told KOMO-TV that the rescue effort could take all night.
Weather conditions have made a helicopter rescue impossible, the sheriff’s office said.
- UW, Alaska Airlines agree to naming-rights deal for Husky Stadium's field
- Wife upset dad disappointed in baby's gender
- A couple thoughts on Fred Jackson, Kam Chancellor and the Seahawks
- Seahawks preseason awards: MVPs, surprises, disappointments, toughest roster calls
- Seattle teachers vote to strike if agreement isn’t reached
Most Read Stories
The avalanche was reported near Alpental, which includes expert backcountry terrain and is part of The Summit at Snoqualmie, a ski area east of Seattle.