Three lanes of northbound Interstate 5 will close all weekend to repair joints in the elevated-road decks. Traffic will be delayed approaching downtown Seattle.
Lane closures are scheduled from 8 p.m. Friday until 5 a.m. Monday near Swift Avenue South, leaving two lanes open — and only one through lane between midnight and 4 a.m.
The Interstate 90 express lanes will point west all weekend — so drivers may take Interstate 405 from Southcenter to Bellevue, then turn west to reach the I-90 bridge into Seattle. Another option is the northbound exit at Tukwila to Highway 599.
The INRIX traffic-data firm predicts a 45-minute trip from Southcenter to downtown on I-5, double the average, or 30 minutes if drivers take the I-405/I-90 detour.
- The hidden homeless: families in the suburbs
- How the Seahawks got two first-round picks in the NFL draft
- Here are Seattle-area companies employees enjoy working at most
- Mayor, Chris Hansen denounce misogynistic comments over council arena vote
- Slain Burien teen was ‘all about her education,’ aunt says
Most Read Stories
Similar closures are scheduled from late Friday, April 5 until early Monday, April 8.