Three lanes of northbound Interstate 5 will close all weekend to repair joints in the elevated-road decks. Traffic will be delayed approaching downtown Seattle.
Lane closures are scheduled from 8 p.m. Friday until 5 a.m. Monday near Swift Avenue South, leaving two lanes open — and only one through lane between midnight and 4 a.m.
The Interstate 90 express lanes will point west all weekend — so drivers may take Interstate 405 from Southcenter to Bellevue, then turn west to reach the I-90 bridge into Seattle. Another option is the northbound exit at Tukwila to Highway 599.
The INRIX traffic-data firm predicts a 45-minute trip from Southcenter to downtown on I-5, double the average, or 30 minutes if drivers take the I-405/I-90 detour.
- Power restored after major, hour-long outage in downtown Seattle
- Trump, Clinton win Washington state primary
- Designed in Seattle, this $1 cup could save millions of babies
- Boeing plans hundreds of layoffs in local IT unit
- Walkoff magic! Leonys Martin’s dramatic homer in ninth lifts Mariners
Most Read Stories
Similar closures are scheduled from late Friday, April 5 until early Monday, April 8.