PORTLAND, Ore. — Winter wildfires are rare in Oregon but three are burning Friday morning in the Coast Range.
Seaside police tell KGW the first was reported Thursday afternoon east of Arch Cape and a second was reported about midnight south of the first fire.
Another wildfire is burning in Marion County near Butte Creek Falls.
At the Arch Cape fires, wind gusts estimated at 70 miles per hour had flames jumping logging roads. At least 100 firefighters have responded from Cannon Beach, Seaside, Gearhart, Nehalem and the Forest Service.
- Husky guide on UW cheerleading tryouts goes global
- CEO makes fiery emails about Muslims part of the workday
- Look like this, not that: UW pulls cheerleader-tryout advice after angry backlash
- Oh smack: Garbage truck hits Alaskan Way Viaduct
- Seahawks’ selection of Germain Ifedi in NFL draft has makings of a great fit