PORTLAND, Ore. — Winter wildfires are rare in Oregon but three are burning Friday morning in the Coast Range.
Seaside police tell KGW the first was reported Thursday afternoon east of Arch Cape and a second was reported about midnight south of the first fire.
Another wildfire is burning in Marion County near Butte Creek Falls.
At the Arch Cape fires, wind gusts estimated at 70 miles per hour had flames jumping logging roads. At least 100 firefighters have responded from Cannon Beach, Seaside, Gearhart, Nehalem and the Forest Service.
- Richard Sherman asks for Tyler Lockett-Mario Kart mashup, the internet answers
- Seahawks trade Kevin Norwood, make other moves to get roster to 75
- The latest on Seahawks safety Kam Chancellor's holdout
- Seattle restaurant manager killed hiking in Alaska
- The Californians keep coming, but King County gives back