PORTLAND, Ore. — Winter wildfires are rare in Oregon but three are burning Friday morning in the Coast Range.
Seaside police tell KGW the first was reported Thursday afternoon east of Arch Cape and a second was reported about midnight south of the first fire.
Another wildfire is burning in Marion County near Butte Creek Falls.
At the Arch Cape fires, wind gusts estimated at 70 miles per hour had flames jumping logging roads. At least 100 firefighters have responded from Cannon Beach, Seaside, Gearhart, Nehalem and the Forest Service.
- Seahawks' Marshawn Lynch announces retirement in his own, unique fashion
- Black Sabbath calls it a night at the Tacoma Dome — for good
- Seattle’s brash king of pot raking in cash and raising hackles at Uncle Ike’s
- Costco delays credit-card switch
- Marshawn Lynch leaves behind a legacy like no other with Seahawks