PORTLAND, Ore. — Winter wildfires are rare in Oregon but three are burning Friday morning in the Coast Range.
Seaside police tell KGW the first was reported Thursday afternoon east of Arch Cape and a second was reported about midnight south of the first fire.
Another wildfire is burning in Marion County near Butte Creek Falls.
At the Arch Cape fires, wind gusts estimated at 70 miles per hour had flames jumping logging roads. At least 100 firefighters have responded from Cannon Beach, Seaside, Gearhart, Nehalem and the Forest Service.
- Black Lives Matter protesters march, have sit-ins in Seattle
- Game thread: Huskies dominate Cougars in Apple Cup
- Swarming defense, Myles Gaskin helps UW rout WSU in Apple Cup
- For UW Huskies, an Apple Cup victory that doubled as a breakthrough
- Teardown town: 1,500 small houses replaced by giants since 2012