PORTLAND, Ore. — Winter wildfires are rare in Oregon but three are burning Friday morning in the Coast Range.
Seaside police tell KGW the first was reported Thursday afternoon east of Arch Cape and a second was reported about midnight south of the first fire.
Another wildfire is burning in Marion County near Butte Creek Falls.
At the Arch Cape fires, wind gusts estimated at 70 miles per hour had flames jumping logging roads. At least 100 firefighters have responded from Cannon Beach, Seaside, Gearhart, Nehalem and the Forest Service.
- Purple Heart plant bed vandalized days before Memorial Day
- Seattle’s vanishing black community
- Boeing tankers will be delivered to Air Force late — and incomplete
- Bellevue School District seeks to fire football coach Goncharoff over scandal
- Redmond shoplifting spree goes awry when thief hits wife with truck, charges say