Thursday's rain set records in parts of Western Washington.
Thursday’s rain set records in parts of Western Washington.
The National Weather Service reports .73 of an inch at Sea-Tac Airport broke the record of .59 set in 1948.
Olympia had 1.09, breaking the 1948 record of 1.00 inch.
Hoquiam had .99, breaking a 1981 record of .55.
- With death on table, McEnroe jury's friendships crumbled
- Salary cap expert Joel Corry with another look at Russell Wilson's contract
- To retire at 55 takes big savings
- Microsoft employees -- past and present -- look back over the years
- No time to eat in Silicon Valley, so techies chug their protein
Most Read Stories
The Weather Service also reports significant snow for this time of year in the Cascades. A foot of snow fell at Paradise on Mount Rainier and 5 inches at White Pass.
In addition the high temperature Thursday at Olympia was only 50 degrees – 13 degrees below normal – breaking the previous record low maximum of 51 for that date.