Thursday's rain set records in parts of Western Washington.
Thursday’s rain set records in parts of Western Washington.
The National Weather Service reports .73 of an inch at Sea-Tac Airport broke the record of .59 set in 1948.
Olympia had 1.09, breaking the 1948 record of 1.00 inch.
Hoquiam had .99, breaking a 1981 record of .55.
- WSU study: 'Exploding head syndrome' more common than once thought
- Oregon Zoo elephant Rama euthanized; loved to paint
- Ivar's to raise restaurant workers' wages to $15 right away
- Orca baby boom continues with discovery of fourth calf
- Bertha's damaged cutter head emerges from pit
Most Read Stories
The Weather Service also reports significant snow for this time of year in the Cascades. A foot of snow fell at Paradise on Mount Rainier and 5 inches at White Pass.
In addition the high temperature Thursday at Olympia was only 50 degrees – 13 degrees below normal – breaking the previous record low maximum of 51 for that date.