Thursday's rain set records in parts of Western Washington.
Thursday’s rain set records in parts of Western Washington.
The National Weather Service reports .73 of an inch at Sea-Tac Airport broke the record of .59 set in 1948.
Olympia had 1.09, breaking the 1948 record of 1.00 inch.
Hoquiam had .99, breaking a 1981 record of .55.
- Anonymous donor pays off landslide victim's $360K mortgage
- Could Chris Polk be a fit for the Seahawks?
- Fire destroys Bellevue auto showroom, dozens of cars
- Seattle-to-suburb commuters prefer urban lifestyle
- A Midcentury modern home for the history books
Most Read Stories
The Weather Service also reports significant snow for this time of year in the Cascades. A foot of snow fell at Paradise on Mount Rainier and 5 inches at White Pass.
In addition the high temperature Thursday at Olympia was only 50 degrees – 13 degrees below normal – breaking the previous record low maximum of 51 for that date.