A Puyallup woman who contracted swine flu while six months pregnant has died at Harborview Medical Center in Seattle. Doctors successfully delivered the woman's child before she died.
A Puyallup woman who contracted swine flu while six months pregnant has died at Harborview Medical Center in Seattle.
Katie Flyte, 27, was initially diagnosed with pneumonia, and doctors at Good Samaritan Hospital in Puyallup later discovered she had swine flu. Doctors successfully delivered the woman’s child at Good Samaritan before Flyte was taken to Harborview on July 22.
She died Monday, with the cause listed as acute respiratory distress, according to the King County Medical Examiner.
“She’s in a better place,” her husband, Kenny, told KOMO-TV.
Most Read Stories
- Seattle Zestimates are off by $40,000; now hundreds of data crunchers vie to improve Zillow’s model
- 2 men shot at Seattle’s Gas Works Park; suspect sought
- Seattle once again nation’s fastest-growing big city; population exceeds 700,000 | FYI Guy
- Off-lease used cars are flooding market, pushing prices down
- 2 Bellevue High students investigated in alleged rape of 14-year-old girl at Yarrow Point party
He told the station that the baby has been named Abigail Marie.