The man fell from a cliff into the water at Larrabee State Park, near Bellingham.
A Coast Guard crew rescued an injured hiker Saturday evening after the man fell from a cliff in Larrabee State Park near Bellingham.
The 30-year-old man landed in the water south of Chuckanut Bay after plunging nearly 40 feet.
Bellingham police called for Coast Guard assistance around 6:50 p.m., and two rescue boats were launched. The crews located the man near shore, and maneuvered close enough for him to climb aboard.
The Coast Guard crews provided first aid and took the man to shore, where amedical team was standing by. The man reportedly suffered a head injury.
- 10 stabbed, beaten at white nationalist rally in California VIEW
- Watch: Fan runs onto field in front of fly ball during Mariners-Cardinals game
- Microsoft draws flak for pushing Windows 10 on PC users
- The slave who taught Jack Daniel how to make whiskey
- This is how much more you’d have to pay for a home near light rail