The man fell from a cliff into the water at Larrabee State Park, near Bellingham.
A Coast Guard crew rescued an injured hiker Saturday evening after the man fell from a cliff in Larrabee State Park near Bellingham.
The 30-year-old man landed in the water south of Chuckanut Bay after plunging nearly 40 feet.
Bellingham police called for Coast Guard assistance around 6:50 p.m., and two rescue boats were launched. The crews located the man near shore, and maneuvered close enough for him to climb aboard.
The Coast Guard crews provided first aid and took the man to shore, where amedical team was standing by. The man reportedly suffered a head injury.
Most Read Stories
- This video of Marshawn Lynch narrating the 'Planet Earth II' iguana chase wins the internet
- Watch: Boat called ‘Nap Tyme’ collides with Washington State Ferry near Vashon Island
- Boeing blindsided as Trump slams Air Force One costs
- ‘Panicking’ Seattle home buyers, spooked by rising interest rates, rush to buy
- Former Seahawk Ricardo Lockette stirs anger at Garfield High assembly: ‘Men take the lead’