The man fell from a cliff into the water at Larrabee State Park, near Bellingham.
A Coast Guard crew rescued an injured hiker Saturday evening after the man fell from a cliff in Larrabee State Park near Bellingham.
The 30-year-old man landed in the water south of Chuckanut Bay after plunging nearly 40 feet.
Bellingham police called for Coast Guard assistance around 6:50 p.m., and two rescue boats were launched. The crews located the man near shore, and maneuvered close enough for him to climb aboard.
The Coast Guard crews provided first aid and took the man to shore, where amedical team was standing by. The man reportedly suffered a head injury.
Most Read Stories
- Prosecutor reviewing sex-abuse allegations against ‘Deadliest Catch’ star Sig Hansen
- The results are in: Here's where the new Dick's Drive-In will be
- Knife-wielding man in custody after downtown standoff VIEW
- Amazon tries to bag a big chunk of grocery market with Seattle pickup locations WATCH
- Career advice: End affair with boss, then apply for promotion | Dear Carolyn