The man fell from a cliff into the water at Larrabee State Park, near Bellingham.
A Coast Guard crew rescued an injured hiker Saturday evening after the man fell from a cliff in Larrabee State Park near Bellingham.
The 30-year-old man landed in the water south of Chuckanut Bay after plunging nearly 40 feet.
Bellingham police called for Coast Guard assistance around 6:50 p.m., and two rescue boats were launched. The crews located the man near shore, and maneuvered close enough for him to climb aboard.
The Coast Guard crews provided first aid and took the man to shore, where amedical team was standing by. The man reportedly suffered a head injury.
Most Read Stories
- Seattle skyline is tops in construction cranes — more than any other U.S. city
- Kremlin: demands for Assad's departure "thoughtless"
- Complete coverage: No. 5 Huskies roll to 41-17 victory over Oregon State Beavers VIEW
- Injury to sideline UW sack leader Joe Mathis against Oregon State
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events