The man, a passenger in the car that left the road near the Port of Tacoma, was 19 years old.
A 19-year-old man died after the car he was riding in struck a power pole on Interstate 5 near the Port of Tacoma off ramp early Saturday.
Elias J. Solis of Roslyn was killed when car crashed just before 12:30 a.m.
The driver, a 25-year-old from Tacoma, was heading north on I-5 when he tried to take the exit to the Port of Tacoma. He lost control of the car and hit a wooden utility pole, according to the Washington State Patrol.
Other passengers included two men, ages 26 and 25, both from Tacoma.
Most Read Stories
- New wife feels sting of inheritance-plan snub | Dear Carolyn
- Seattle just broke a 122-year-old record for rain — because of course it did
- Fishing 101 can help parents cope with daughter’s nasty ‘best friend’ | Dear Carolyn
- Seattle’s March for Science draws thousands on Earth Day — including a Nobel Prize winner WATCH
- Cowlitz Tribe opening $510M casino complex they hope will draw 4.5M visitors
The 26-year old was taken to Madigan Army Medical Center. The driver and 25-year-old were taken to Tacoma General Hospital.
All but the driver were wearing seatbelts.