The man, a passenger in the car that left the road near the Port of Tacoma, was 19 years old.
A 19-year-old man died after the car he was riding in struck a power pole on Interstate 5 near the Port of Tacoma off ramp early Saturday.
Elias J. Solis of Roslyn was killed when car crashed just before 12:30 a.m.
The driver, a 25-year-old from Tacoma, was heading north on I-5 when he tried to take the exit to the Port of Tacoma. He lost control of the car and hit a wooden utility pole, according to the Washington State Patrol.
Other passengers included two men, ages 26 and 25, both from Tacoma.
- Thinking of voting for Jill Stein or Gary Johnson? Here are their policy positions
- 3 dead, 1 wounded; 19-year-old held in Mukilteo shooting WATCH
- Doctor who killed partner, child in Seattle penthouse gets 49 years
- AP FACT CHECK: Misfires in Hillary Clinton's speech
- 6 Seattle spots for truly great pizza VIEW
Most Read Stories
The 26-year old was taken to Madigan Army Medical Center. The driver and 25-year-old were taken to Tacoma General Hospital.
All but the driver were wearing seatbelts.