The man, a passenger in the car that left the road near the Port of Tacoma, was 19 years old.
A 19-year-old man died after the car he was riding in struck a power pole on Interstate 5 near the Port of Tacoma off ramp early Saturday.
Elias J. Solis of Roslyn was killed when car crashed just before 12:30 a.m.
The driver, a 25-year-old from Tacoma, was heading north on I-5 when he tried to take the exit to the Port of Tacoma. He lost control of the car and hit a wooden utility pole, according to the Washington State Patrol.
Other passengers included two men, ages 26 and 25, both from Tacoma.
Most Read Stories
- This season, Seahawks have crossed the line from brash to just plain unlikable | Matt Calkins
- Seahawks coach Pete Carroll says Richard Sherman played second half of season with 'significant' knee injury
- Michael Bennett explodes at reporter following Seahawks-Falcons game
- Can’t make it to D.C.? Seattle will have own women’s march
- Patty Murray, Maria Cantwell criticized for vote to block prescription drugs from Canada
The 26-year old was taken to Madigan Army Medical Center. The driver and 25-year-old were taken to Tacoma General Hospital.
All but the driver were wearing seatbelts.