The man, a passenger in the car that left the road near the Port of Tacoma, was 19 years old.
A 19-year-old man died after the car he was riding in struck a power pole on Interstate 5 near the Port of Tacoma off ramp early Saturday.
Elias J. Solis of Roslyn was killed when car crashed just before 12:30 a.m.
The driver, a 25-year-old from Tacoma, was heading north on I-5 when he tried to take the exit to the Port of Tacoma. He lost control of the car and hit a wooden utility pole, according to the Washington State Patrol.
Other passengers included two men, ages 26 and 25, both from Tacoma.
Most Read Stories
- For $750, Seattle’s newest apartment is the size of a parking space
- Light snowfall expected in Seattle tonight; Snohomish County could see more
- Live updates on Seattle-area snowfall: Schools delayed, canceled as snow turns to rain VIEW
- This video of Marshawn Lynch narrating the 'Planet Earth II' iguana chase wins the internet
- Buzzfeed comes to Seattle, eats salmon and is dumbfounded by trees and mountains WATCH
The 26-year old was taken to Madigan Army Medical Center. The driver and 25-year-old were taken to Tacoma General Hospital.
All but the driver were wearing seatbelts.