President Obama will return to the Seattle area Sept. 25 as part of a West Coast tour, according to a White House official.
President Obama will return to the Seattle area Sept. 25 as part of a West Coast tour.
The president plans to be in Seattle and the San Francisco Bay Area that day and will continue his trip with visits to San Diego, Los Angeles and the Denver area before returning to Washington, D.C., according to a White House official who requested anonymity because the trip has not been officially announced.
No details were given. But POLITICO, the national politics site, reported Obama’s West Coast trip as a fundraising tour.
Obama last visited the Seattle area in October, when he convened a “backyard chat” at a North Seattle family’s home, after a campaign rally for U.S. Sen. Patty Murray.
- Teen, one of 14 siblings, finally gets to be a kid
- Report: Seahawks’ Marshawn Lynch has surgery Wednesday, could be back by late December
- Students say WWU’s response to racist threats not enough
- WWU cancels classes Tuesday after racial threats on social media
- Seattle sushi fans, rejoice: Shiro's new place is open