President Obama will return to the Seattle area Sept. 25 as part of a West Coast tour, according to a White House official.
President Obama will return to the Seattle area Sept. 25 as part of a West Coast tour.
The president plans to be in Seattle and the San Francisco Bay Area that day and will continue his trip with visits to San Diego, Los Angeles and the Denver area before returning to Washington, D.C., according to a White House official who requested anonymity because the trip has not been officially announced.
No details were given. But POLITICO, the national politics site, reported Obama’s West Coast trip as a fundraising tour.
Obama last visited the Seattle area in October, when he convened a “backyard chat” at a North Seattle family’s home, after a campaign rally for U.S. Sen. Patty Murray.
- Seattle City Council kills sale of street for Sodo arena; Sonics fans despair
- This drone footage of inside Bertha’s tunnel is like something out of ‘Star Wars’
- Ted Cruz ends his bid for Republican presidential nomination
- Man killed by car pulling out of Seattle parking garage
- Bertha under the viaduct: Drilling that shut highway is nearly 30 percent done