President Obama will return to the Seattle area Sept. 25 as part of a West Coast tour, according to a White House official.
President Obama will return to the Seattle area Sept. 25 as part of a West Coast tour.
The president plans to be in Seattle and the San Francisco Bay Area that day and will continue his trip with visits to San Diego, Los Angeles and the Denver area before returning to Washington, D.C., according to a White House official who requested anonymity because the trip has not been officially announced.
No details were given. But POLITICO, the national politics site, reported Obama’s West Coast trip as a fundraising tour.
Obama last visited the Seattle area in October, when he convened a “backyard chat” at a North Seattle family’s home, after a campaign rally for U.S. Sen. Patty Murray.
- One killed, four injured in Snohomish Big Four Ice Caves collapse Monday
- Starbucks prices here to rise 3.5 times as much as nationwide
- Seahawks mailbag: Russell Okung's future, Cliff Avril's role
- Mount St. Helens, still steaming, holds the world’s newest glacier
- Whitest big county in the U.S.? It’s us