President Obama will return to the Seattle area Sept. 25 as part of a West Coast tour, according to a White House official.
President Obama will return to the Seattle area Sept. 25 as part of a West Coast tour.
The president plans to be in Seattle and the San Francisco Bay Area that day and will continue his trip with visits to San Diego, Los Angeles and the Denver area before returning to Washington, D.C., according to a White House official who requested anonymity because the trip has not been officially announced.
No details were given. But POLITICO, the national politics site, reported Obama’s West Coast trip as a fundraising tour.
Obama last visited the Seattle area in October, when he convened a “backyard chat” at a North Seattle family’s home, after a campaign rally for U.S. Sen. Patty Murray.
- Donate to a charity? IRS sets rules for taking deductions
- 4 Mount Rainier High teens charged in alleged gang rape on field trip
- How opera, QVC and his ‘Dirty Jobs’ gig prepared Mike Rowe for the Seattle stage
- Justice Antonin Scalia dead at 79
- City brushed off feasibility of NHL, NBA at KeyArena