PORTLAND, Ore. — A man accused of using a cutting torch on a Portland ATM was wearing armored underwear when he was arrested.
KPTV reports an officer responded to the ATM early Sunday and confronted the suspect in a parking lot.
Police say he sprayed pepper spray and ran before he was chased down.
The 32-year-old man was wearing two ballistic vests and had ballistic panels sewn into undergarments covering his arms, legs, back and crotch.
- Nathan Hale High School juniors boycott state test
- Scientists to study the 'modern miracle' of Ozzy Osbourne's survival
- Jesse Jones is back: Seattle's superhero consumer reporter is now at KIRO 7
- Ditching Dreamliners: United buys older, cheaper planes
- Seahawks' toughness is not for everyone
Most Read Stories
He was armed with a knife and had a stun gun and acetylene torch in a backpack. He was booked into the Multnomah County Jail on multiple charges including being a felon in possession of body armor.