PORTLAND, Ore. — A man accused of using a cutting torch on a Portland ATM was wearing armored underwear when he was arrested.
KPTV reports an officer responded to the ATM early Sunday and confronted the suspect in a parking lot.
Police say he sprayed pepper spray and ran before he was chased down.
The 32-year-old man was wearing two ballistic vests and had ballistic panels sewn into undergarments covering his arms, legs, back and crotch.
- One killed, four injured in Snohomish Big Four Ice Caves collapse Monday
- Starbucks prices here to rise 3.5 times as much as nationwide
- Seahawks mailbag: Russell Okung's future, Cliff Avril's role
- Mount St. Helens, still steaming, holds the world’s newest glacier
- Whitest big county in the U.S.? It’s us
Most Read Stories
He was armed with a knife and had a stun gun and acetylene torch in a backpack. He was booked into the Multnomah County Jail on multiple charges including being a felon in possession of body armor.