Hunt recently resigned amid questions that he exaggerated his service in the military.
DUPONT, Pierce County — Officials have appointed Andrew Barkis to fill the legislative seat vacated earlier this month by Republican Graham Hunt amid questions that he exaggerated his service in the military.
Thurston County Commissioners and Pierce County Council members announced their choice on Tuesday.
Barkis was one of three candidates, including Amy Cruver and Kerry Hooks-French, put forth by the Washington State Republican Party.
Barkis lives in Olympia and is the owner of Hometown Property Management. He is a graduate of Seattle University and ran for the Thurston County Commission in 2012.
- Students seeking sugar daddies for tuition, rent
- So the NRA sends a questionnaire to a Seattle state senator ...
- What's the top spelling 'mistake' in Washington state? The answer could make you sick
- 6 ways to befriend your bones and fend off osteoporosis
- Refusal in Bernie Sandersland to accept reality is really unreal
Most Read Stories
Barkis will have to go before the voters in the August primary if he wants to serve out the remaining two years of Hunt’s term.
Hunt resigned earlier this month, saying there are inconsistencies in the record of his military service.