State Rep. Hans Dunshee, a Democrat from Snohomish, has been appointed to the Snohomish County Council.
OLYMPIA — State Rep. Hans Dunshee, a Democrat from Snohomish, has been appointed to the Snohomish County Council.
The Everett Herald reports the council voted 3-1 on Monday to appoint the lawmaker.
First elected to the House in 1992, Dunshee replaced former Rep. Ross Hunter as the chamber’s main budget writer this session after Hunter left the Legislature when he was appointed director of the Department of Early Learning in August.
Guy Palumbo and Mark Hintz were also nominated for the council’s fifth seat, vacant after Democrat Dave Somers was elected county executive last year.
- SeaTac ordered to pay $18 million to couple it cheated in secret land grab
- 50 years later, Bob Dylan's motorcycle crash remains mysterious
- Seahawks QB Russell Wilson featured in new Costacos Brothers poster
- Live from DNC: President Obama: 'Hillary is ready' WATCH
- ‘Boys in the Boat’ is now a PBS documentary, to air Aug. 2