State Rep. Hans Dunshee, a Democrat from Snohomish, has been appointed to the Snohomish County Council.
OLYMPIA — State Rep. Hans Dunshee, a Democrat from Snohomish, has been appointed to the Snohomish County Council.
The Everett Herald reports the council voted 3-1 on Monday to appoint the lawmaker.
First elected to the House in 1992, Dunshee replaced former Rep. Ross Hunter as the chamber’s main budget writer this session after Hunter left the Legislature when he was appointed director of the Department of Early Learning in August.
Guy Palumbo and Mark Hintz were also nominated for the council’s fifth seat, vacant after Democrat Dave Somers was elected county executive last year.
- Power restored after major, hour-long outage in downtown Seattle
- Trump, Clinton win Washington state primary
- Designed in Seattle, this $1 cup could save millions of babies
- Boeing plans hundreds of layoffs in local IT unit
- Walkoff magic! Leonys Martin’s dramatic homer in ninth lifts Mariners