State Rep. Hans Dunshee, a Democrat from Snohomish, has been appointed to the Snohomish County Council.
OLYMPIA — State Rep. Hans Dunshee, a Democrat from Snohomish, has been appointed to the Snohomish County Council.
The Everett Herald reports the council voted 3-1 on Monday to appoint the lawmaker.
First elected to the House in 1992, Dunshee replaced former Rep. Ross Hunter as the chamber’s main budget writer this session after Hunter left the Legislature when he was appointed director of the Department of Early Learning in August.
Guy Palumbo and Mark Hintz were also nominated for the council’s fifth seat, vacant after Democrat Dave Somers was elected county executive last year.
Most Read Stories
- Road rage in Kent: Subaru strikes Jeep three times
- Did you get the letter? WSU sends warning to 1 million people after hard drive with personal info is stolen
- Veteran LAPD officer arrested for sex with 15-year-old cadet
- UW professor got it right on Trump. So why is he being ignored? | Danny Westneat
- The Amazon effect: Metro adds buses to handle new flock of summer interns