State Rep. Hans Dunshee, a Democrat from Snohomish, has been appointed to the Snohomish County Council.
OLYMPIA — State Rep. Hans Dunshee, a Democrat from Snohomish, has been appointed to the Snohomish County Council.
The Everett Herald reports the council voted 3-1 on Monday to appoint the lawmaker.
First elected to the House in 1992, Dunshee replaced former Rep. Ross Hunter as the chamber’s main budget writer this session after Hunter left the Legislature when he was appointed director of the Department of Early Learning in August.
Guy Palumbo and Mark Hintz were also nominated for the council’s fifth seat, vacant after Democrat Dave Somers was elected county executive last year.
Most Read Stories
- The results are in: Here's where the new Dick's Drive-In will be
- Prosecutor reviewing sex-abuse allegations against ‘Deadliest Catch’ star Sig Hansen
- Elon Musk’s SpaceX on brink of `Wright Brothers moment’ with reused rocket
- Knife-wielding man in custody after downtown standoff VIEW
- Richard Branson celebrates Virgin Atlantic’s entry to Seattle market, tears into Alaska Air