SALEM, Ore. - Police are looking for a man and his pet monkey after the monkey bit a six-year-old girl at Salem's Riverfront Park over the weekend.
SALEM, Ore. — Police are looking for a man and his pet monkey after the monkey bit a six-year-old girl at Salem’s Riverfront Park over the weekend.
Salem Police Sgt. John Hardy says he is confident the man and his monkey, who was wearing a diaper, will be found.
The girl, Serena Taylor, is taking antibiotics for possible infections.
Police told the Salem Statesman Journal newspaper that the man and his monkey were on a park bench, and a crowd gathered. Serena asked the man if she could pet the monkey, who looked agitated and jumped at her.
- Teen, one of 14 siblings, finally gets to be a kid
- Seattle sushi fans, rejoice: Shiro's new place is open
- Students say WWU’s response to racist threats not enough
- UW fires women’s crew coach Bob Ernst
- Seahawks’ Marshawn Lynch has surgery, could be back December
Most Read Stories
Jan Mothershed at the Oregon Zoo said the animal likely was scared and should not have been taken out in public.