SALEM, Ore. - Police are looking for a man and his pet monkey after the monkey bit a six-year-old girl at Salem's Riverfront Park over the weekend.
SALEM, Ore. — Police are looking for a man and his pet monkey after the monkey bit a six-year-old girl at Salem’s Riverfront Park over the weekend.
Salem Police Sgt. John Hardy says he is confident the man and his monkey, who was wearing a diaper, will be found.
The girl, Serena Taylor, is taking antibiotics for possible infections.
Police told the Salem Statesman Journal newspaper that the man and his monkey were on a park bench, and a crowd gathered. Serena asked the man if she could pet the monkey, who looked agitated and jumped at her.
- Richard Sherman asks for Tyler Lockett-Mario Kart mashup, the internet answers
- Seahawks trade Kevin Norwood, make other moves to get roster to 75
- The latest on Seahawks safety Kam Chancellor's holdout
- Seattle restaurant manager killed hiking in Alaska
- The Californians keep coming, but King County gives back
Most Read Stories
Jan Mothershed at the Oregon Zoo said the animal likely was scared and should not have been taken out in public.