SALEM, Ore. - Police are looking for a man and his pet monkey after the monkey bit a six-year-old girl at Salem's Riverfront Park over the weekend.
SALEM, Ore. — Police are looking for a man and his pet monkey after the monkey bit a six-year-old girl at Salem’s Riverfront Park over the weekend.
Salem Police Sgt. John Hardy says he is confident the man and his monkey, who was wearing a diaper, will be found.
The girl, Serena Taylor, is taking antibiotics for possible infections.
Police told the Salem Statesman Journal newspaper that the man and his monkey were on a park bench, and a crowd gathered. Serena asked the man if she could pet the monkey, who looked agitated and jumped at her.
- Husky guide on UW cheerleading tryouts goes global
- Look like this, not that: UW pulls cheerleader-tryout advice after angry backlash
- APNewsBreak: Investigators look at overdose in Prince death
- Seahawks take Germain Ifedi with first-round pick in NFL draft
- Mexican agents hunting fugitives in Arlington slayings: ‘It’s only going to be a few days’
Most Read Stories
Jan Mothershed at the Oregon Zoo said the animal likely was scared and should not have been taken out in public.