The Yakima County sheriff's office says a man mistook his pregnant wife for an intruder at their Terrace Heights home and shot her, leaving her in critical condition.
The Yakima County sheriff’s office says a man mistook his pregnant wife for an intruder at their Terrace Heights home and shot her, leaving her in critical condition.
Deputy Robert Udell says investigators don’t suspect any criminal activity and that the woman’s husband is cooperating.
Udell says the woman is eight weeks pregnant. She was shot once early Friday morning in the couple’s bedroom. She is in the hospital in critical but stable condition.
The couple’s names were not released. Both are in their twenties.
- Seattle fifth-graders will get their camp trip, but teachers refuse to go
- Designed in Seattle, this $1 cup could save millions of babies
- Five things to watch as Seahawks begin OTAs Monday
- Ivar’s looks to sell, lease back two venerable restaurant sites
- What the national media are saying about Robinson Cano and the Mariners' hot start to the season
Most Read Stories
Udell says the husband served in the military, but that doesn’t seem to be a factor.