The Yakima County sheriff's office says a man mistook his pregnant wife for an intruder at their Terrace Heights home and shot her, leaving her in critical condition.
The Yakima County sheriff’s office says a man mistook his pregnant wife for an intruder at their Terrace Heights home and shot her, leaving her in critical condition.
Deputy Robert Udell says investigators don’t suspect any criminal activity and that the woman’s husband is cooperating.
Udell says the woman is eight weeks pregnant. She was shot once early Friday morning in the couple’s bedroom. She is in the hospital in critical but stable condition.
The couple’s names were not released. Both are in their twenties.
- Could Chris Polk be a fit for the Seahawks?
- Jesse Jones is back: Seattle's superhero consumer reporter is now at KIRO 7
- This USB cable finally could be connector for long haul
- Fire destroys Bellevue auto showroom, dozens of cars
- Nathan Hale High School juniors boycott state test
Most Read Stories
Udell says the husband served in the military, but that doesn’t seem to be a factor.