The Yakima County sheriff's office says a man mistook his pregnant wife for an intruder at their Terrace Heights home and shot her, leaving her in critical condition.
The Yakima County sheriff’s office says a man mistook his pregnant wife for an intruder at their Terrace Heights home and shot her, leaving her in critical condition.
Deputy Robert Udell says investigators don’t suspect any criminal activity and that the woman’s husband is cooperating.
Udell says the woman is eight weeks pregnant. She was shot once early Friday morning in the couple’s bedroom. She is in the hospital in critical but stable condition.
The couple’s names were not released. Both are in their twenties.
- Turkey’s president, Putin hurl insults after plane downed
- Teen, one of 14 siblings, finally gets to be a kid
- Seattle sushi fans, rejoice: Shiro's new place is open
- 2015 Apple Cup might be the start of something big for UW, WSU
- UW fires women’s crew coach Bob Ernst
Most Read Stories
Udell says the husband served in the military, but that doesn’t seem to be a factor.