Authorities say a bomb squad responded to a report of an explosive that was turned in to the Latah County Sheriff's office.
Authorities say a bomb squad responded to a report of an explosive that was turned in to the Latah County Sheriff’s office.
Sheriff’s Lt. Brannon Jordan tells the Moscow-Pullman Daily News that a man found a 6-inch pipe capped at both ends with what looks like a fuse along Paradise Ridge Road Saturday afternoon.
He brought it to the station and authorities left it in his empty car until the Spokane County Bomb Squad could dispose of it.
KREM reports that the device was safely detonated around 9 p.m.
- Residents return to ‘war zone’ in wake of Wenatchee wildfire
- Woman knocked unconscious by falling drone during Seattle's Pride parade
- How ISIS methodically groomed a lonely young Wash. state woman
- Lake City residents fight to regain use of now-private beach
- Despite struggles on and off field, ex-Skyline star QB Jake Heaps still chasing his dream
Most Read Stories
There were no reports of any injuries during the incident.
Information from: The Moscow-Pullman Daily News, http://www.dnews.com