Authorities say a bomb squad responded to a report of an explosive that was turned in to the Latah County Sheriff's office.
Authorities say a bomb squad responded to a report of an explosive that was turned in to the Latah County Sheriff’s office.
Sheriff’s Lt. Brannon Jordan tells the Moscow-Pullman Daily News that a man found a 6-inch pipe capped at both ends with what looks like a fuse along Paradise Ridge Road Saturday afternoon.
He brought it to the station and authorities left it in his empty car until the Spokane County Bomb Squad could dispose of it.
KREM reports that the device was safely detonated around 9 p.m.
- After embarrassment, Seattle finds public toilet that's just right
- NFL.com says Seahawks have most talented roster in league, and speculate on starting lineup
- Seattle's best restaurants? Classics revisited
- Capitol Hill light-rail station nearly ready for trains to rumble
- Historically black Central District could be less than 10% black in a decade
Most Read Stories
There were no reports of any injuries during the incident.
Information from: The Moscow-Pullman Daily News, http://www.dnews.com