Authorities say a bomb squad responded to a report of an explosive that was turned in to the Latah County Sheriff's office.
Authorities say a bomb squad responded to a report of an explosive that was turned in to the Latah County Sheriff’s office.
Sheriff’s Lt. Brannon Jordan tells the Moscow-Pullman Daily News that a man found a 6-inch pipe capped at both ends with what looks like a fuse along Paradise Ridge Road Saturday afternoon.
He brought it to the station and authorities left it in his empty car until the Spokane County Bomb Squad could dispose of it.
KREM reports that the device was safely detonated around 9 p.m.
- 14 million spilled bees on I-5: 'Everybody's been stung'
- Man's journey to find birth mom ends — at work
- Costco said to get sweet deal from credit-card companies
- Mariners lose fourth straight game
- On tour of UW station, Inslee backs $15 billion tax plan for more light rail
Most Read Stories
There were no reports of any injuries during the incident.
Information from: The Moscow-Pullman Daily News, http://www.dnews.com