1975 —Bill Gates
and Paul Allen
1979 — Microsoft moves from Albuquerque, N.M.,
- Seattle fifth-graders will get their camp trip, but teachers refuse to go
- Designed in Seattle, this $1 cup could save millions of babies
- Five things to watch as Seahawks begin OTAs Monday
- What the national media are saying about Robinson Cano and the Mariners' hot start to the season
- Ivar’s looks to sell, lease back two venerable restaurant sites
Most Read Stories
1982 — Allen
diagnosed with Hodgkin’s disease.
1983 — Allen resigns from Microsoft.
1986 — Microsoft goes public; Allen holds about 28 percent of the shares.
1987 — Allen offers to buy Portland Trail Blazers.
1988 —Allen acquires
Trail Blazers for around
1996 — Allen agrees
to buy Seahawks for about $200 million.
2000 — Kingdome
2002 — Seahawks Stadium (now CenturyLink Field) opens.
2006 — Seahawks win NFC championship, lose to Pittsburgh Steelers in Super Bowl.
2010 — Seahawks reset with new coach, Pete Carroll, and general manager, John Schneider.
2014 — Seahawks contend for NFC Championship.