1975 —Bill Gates
and Paul Allen
1979 — Microsoft moves from Albuquerque, N.M.,
- Husky guide on UW cheerleading tryouts goes global
- Look like this, not that: UW pulls cheerleader-tryout advice after angry backlash
- CEO makes fiery emails about Muslims part of the workday
- Seahawks take Germain Ifedi with first-round pick in NFL draft
- APNewsBreak: Investigators look at overdose in Prince death
Most Read Stories
1982 — Allen
diagnosed with Hodgkin’s disease.
1983 — Allen resigns from Microsoft.
1986 — Microsoft goes public; Allen holds about 28 percent of the shares.
1987 — Allen offers to buy Portland Trail Blazers.
1988 —Allen acquires
Trail Blazers for around
1996 — Allen agrees
to buy Seahawks for about $200 million.
2000 — Kingdome
2002 — Seahawks Stadium (now CenturyLink Field) opens.
2006 — Seahawks win NFC championship, lose to Pittsburgh Steelers in Super Bowl.
2010 — Seahawks reset with new coach, Pete Carroll, and general manager, John Schneider.
2014 — Seahawks contend for NFC Championship.