MEDFORD, Ore. — A Medford woman has been sentenced to 30 days in jail and fined almost $38,000 for blinding a Grants Pass man with a shattered beer bottle.
MEDFORD, Ore. — A Medford woman has been sentenced to 30 days in jail and fined almost $38,000 for partially blinding a Grants Pass man with a shattered beer bottle.
Jackson County prosecutors said that 23-year-old Megan Terese Whitehead broke the beer bottle over 21-year-old Anthony Thayer’s head.
Then she stabbed him in the face while Thayer tried to break up a fight between Whitehead’s boyfriend and two other men in January.
Thayer’s mother told a judge during sentencing that her son is blind in one eye and has endured six surgeries, with another one scheduled in just weeks.
- Seahawks 39, Steelers 30: What the national media are saying about Russell Wilson and Seattle's turnaround
- On his birthday, Russell Wilson gives Seattle Seahawks perhaps his greatest game to beat Pittsburgh Steelers
- Lake Stevens quarterback Jacob Eason gets visit from WSU’s Mike Leach; commitment to Georgia ‘in holding pattern’
- Girlfriend finds nothing funny about couple’s sense of humor
- WWU police arrest 19-year-old student in racist-threats case
Most Read Stories
The judge told Whitehead she will never be able to repay the damage she has done.