Journalists from the region are invited to apply for a specialized two-day seminar in Seattle on climate change.
The Climate Change Science Seminar for Journalists will be presented Sept. 6-7 at the Bullitt Center by the Metcalf Institute for Marine & Environmental Reporting.
The seminar is offered as part of a four-year Metcalf Institute initiative designed to help journalists in coastal cities throughout the U.S. understand climate-change science and report on regional impacts with more accuracy, clarity and nuance.
Journalists working in all media for Washington, Oregon and British Columbia-based news outlets are encouraged to apply via the Metcalf website by Wednesday.
- Seattle company copes with backlash on $70,000 minimum wage
- Man shot dead in South Seattle while on phone with mom
- Seahawks sign four-year extension with linebacker Bobby Wagner worth a reported $43 million
- Impressions from Day 2 of Seahawks' training camp
- Higher wages a surprising success for Seattle restaurant Ivar's