A sheriff's officer says a Washington man accused of pointing a bow and arrow at his girlfriend and trying to light his home on fire with a burning blanket has been arrested.
A sheriff’s officer says a Washington man accused of pointing a bow and arrow at his girlfriend and trying to light his home on fire with a burning blanket has been arrested.
Whatcom County Undersheriff Jeff Parks says 54-year-old Chris Larsen had been arguing with the woman on Monday and by evening he was intoxicated. The two live together in a Birch Bay house northwest of Bellingham.
Parks says the woman called 911 from a neighbor’s home to tell officers her boyfriend had shot arrows into some of her belongings and also aimed the loaded bow at her.
The undersheriff says Larsen refused to come out when deputies arrived but they could see him dip a blanket in oil and try to ignite it with a lighter.
- Seattle City Council kills sale of street for Sodo arena; Sonics fans despair
- This drone footage of inside Bertha’s tunnel is like something out of ‘Star Wars’
- Ted Cruz ends his bid for Republican presidential nomination
- Man killed by car pulling out of Seattle parking garage
- Bertha under the viaduct: Drilling that shut highway is nearly 30 percent done
Most Read Stories
Deputies moved in and arrested Larsen early Tuesday for investigation of attempted arson and domestic violence assault. The Bellingham Herald reports (http://is.gd/CD2fTW) that only the blanket burned.
Bail was later set at $500,000.
Information from: The Bellingham Herald, http://www.bellinghamherald.com