A sheriff's officer says a Washington man accused of pointing a bow and arrow at his girlfriend and trying to light his home on fire with a burning blanket has been arrested.
A sheriff’s officer says a Washington man accused of pointing a bow and arrow at his girlfriend and trying to light his home on fire with a burning blanket has been arrested.
Whatcom County Undersheriff Jeff Parks says 54-year-old Chris Larsen had been arguing with the woman on Monday and by evening he was intoxicated. The two live together in a Birch Bay house northwest of Bellingham.
Parks says the woman called 911 from a neighbor’s home to tell officers her boyfriend had shot arrows into some of her belongings and also aimed the loaded bow at her.
The undersheriff says Larsen refused to come out when deputies arrived but they could see him dip a blanket in oil and try to ignite it with a lighter.
- Female tiger killed by mating partner at Sacramento Zoo
- Job cuts planned as Boeing hunkers down to compete with Airbus, consider new plane
- Amid Zika fears, local family shares the reality of microcephaly
- Seahawks sign CFL receiver Jeff Fuller and running back Cameron Marshall
- Nigerian suicide bomber gets cold feet, refuses to kill
Most Read Stories
Deputies moved in and arrested Larsen early Tuesday for investigation of attempted arson and domestic violence assault. The Bellingham Herald reports (http://is.gd/CD2fTW) that only the blanket burned.
Bail was later set at $500,000.
Information from: The Bellingham Herald, http://www.bellinghamherald.com