Not just Gates: 8 billionaires in Washington state
Eight of the richest people in the world live in Washington state.
Forbes magazine includes eight billionaires from Washington on its annual list released this week.
KOMO-TV reports the richest people from the Evergreen State include Microsoft co-founder Bill Gates, Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer, Amazon.com CEO Jeff Bezos, Microsoft co-founder Paul Allen, Starbucks CEO Howard Schultz and a few people with less name recognition.
Also on the list are James Jannard, who founded sports equipment and sunglass maker Oakley, Craig McCaw who made his money at McCaw cellular, and Gabe Newell, who founded video game company Valve with another Microsoft alum.
- Kam Chancellor’s forced fumble and K.J. Wright’s illegal batted ball help Seahawks stop Lions
- National media reacts to controversial call on Kam Chancellor
- Evergreen senior’s death renews football-safety debate
- Many homeowners stuck owing more than their houses are worth
- Our state’s greatest gift to the nation just got canceled
Most Read Stories
Forbes also notes that Gates is the most generous person on the planet, having given away $28 billlion.