Not just Gates: 8 billionaires in Washington state
Eight of the richest people in the world live in Washington state.
Forbes magazine includes eight billionaires from Washington on its annual list released this week.
KOMO-TV reports the richest people from the Evergreen State include Microsoft co-founder Bill Gates, Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer, Amazon.com CEO Jeff Bezos, Microsoft co-founder Paul Allen, Starbucks CEO Howard Schultz and a few people with less name recognition.
Also on the list are James Jannard, who founded sports equipment and sunglass maker Oakley, Craig McCaw who made his money at McCaw cellular, and Gabe Newell, who founded video game company Valve with another Microsoft alum.
- WWU cancels classes Tuesday after racial threats on social media
- Seahawks re-sign Bryce Brown in Marshawn Lynch’s absence
- Report: Seahawks’ Marshawn Lynch has surgery Wednesday, could be back by late December
- Like Marshawn Lynch, Seahawks’ Thomas Rawls craves contact
- Seahawks ramblings: What got Cary Williams benched?
Most Read Stories
Forbes also notes that Gates is the most generous person on the planet, having given away $28 billlion.