Not just Gates: 8 billionaires in Washington state
Eight of the richest people in the world live in Washington state.
Forbes magazine includes eight billionaires from Washington on its annual list released this week.
KOMO-TV reports the richest people from the Evergreen State include Microsoft co-founder Bill Gates, Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer, Amazon.com CEO Jeff Bezos, Microsoft co-founder Paul Allen, Starbucks CEO Howard Schultz and a few people with less name recognition.
Also on the list are James Jannard, who founded sports equipment and sunglass maker Oakley, Craig McCaw who made his money at McCaw cellular, and Gabe Newell, who founded video game company Valve with another Microsoft alum.
- Seahawks Game Center: Complete playoff postgame coverage as Seattle Seahawks fall to Carolina Panthers in NFC Divisional showdown
- Marshawn Lynch has arrived, but will Seahawks’ Beast Mode show up against Panthers?
- Family rift holds several life lessons
- Seattle archdiocese posts list of 77 accused of child sex abuse
- The evolution of Seahawks cornerback Richard Sherman
Most Read Stories
Forbes also notes that Gates is the most generous person on the planet, having given away $28 billlion.