A 14-year-old Sumas boy was killed when his bicycle was hit by a car, police said.
A 14-year-old Sumas, Whatcom County, boy was killed Wednesday evening when his bicycle was hit by a car on Highway 547, state police said.
According to the Washington State Patrol, the boy — identified as Jordan D. Sant — died after being ejected from his bike. He was not wearing a helmet, police said.
The driver of the car was a 45-year-old man from Maple Falls in Whatcom County, police said.
The State Patrol said alcohol and drugs were not believed to have been involved in the collision.
Most Read Stories
- 'I'm amazed tourists ever come back': Your comments on Seattle's poor tourism survey
- UW grants Nathan Hale's Michael Porter Jr. his release from NLI
- Huskies get commitment from Coeur d'Alene 4-star QB Colson Yankoff
- Rare, often fatal, respiratory disease carried by mice — hantavirus — confirmed in King County
- AP Exclusive: Before Trump job, Manafort worked to aid Putin VIEW
Police said one of the two failed to yield the right of way, but it was not clear who was at fault.