A 14-year-old Sumas boy was killed when his bicycle was hit by a car, police said.
A 14-year-old Sumas, Whatcom County, boy was killed Wednesday evening when his bicycle was hit by a car on Highway 547, state police said.
According to the Washington State Patrol, the boy — identified as Jordan D. Sant — died after being ejected from his bike. He was not wearing a helmet, police said.
The driver of the car was a 45-year-old man from Maple Falls in Whatcom County, police said.
The State Patrol said alcohol and drugs were not believed to have been involved in the collision.
Most Read Stories
- Seahawks' Richard Sherman, dozens of athletes respond to Trump's rant against NFL player protests
- GOP’s know-nothing approach to health care is symptom of a bigger disease | Danny Westneat
- A daring betrayal helped wipe out Cali cocaine cartel
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Huskies get first test of season out of the way and they aced it | Larry Stone
Police said one of the two failed to yield the right of way, but it was not clear who was at fault.