A 14-year-old Sumas boy was killed when his bicycle was hit by a car, police said.
A 14-year-old Sumas, Whatcom County, boy was killed Wednesday evening when his bicycle was hit by a car on Highway 547, state police said.
According to the Washington State Patrol, the boy — identified as Jordan D. Sant — died after being ejected from his bike. He was not wearing a helmet, police said.
The driver of the car was a 45-year-old man from Maple Falls in Whatcom County, police said.
The State Patrol said alcohol and drugs were not believed to have been involved in the collision.
Most Read Stories
- Suspect in Cascade Mall shooting arrested in Oak Harbor WATCH
- Suspect in mall shooting arrested; community mourns victims WATCH
- Washington Huskies vs. Arizona Wildcats: Live coverage as UW opens up Pac-12 play
- Threatening mailer has Café Racer’s owner reliving nightmare | Danny Westneat
- ‘My God, that’s Kimberly!’: Scientist solves perplexing mystery of identity thief Lori Ruff
Police said one of the two failed to yield the right of way, but it was not clear who was at fault.