A 14-year-old Sumas boy was killed when his bicycle was hit by a car, police said.
A 14-year-old Sumas, Whatcom County, boy was killed Wednesday evening when his bicycle was hit by a car on Highway 547, state police said.
According to the Washington State Patrol, the boy — identified as Jordan D. Sant — died after being ejected from his bike. He was not wearing a helmet, police said.
The driver of the car was a 45-year-old man from Maple Falls in Whatcom County, police said.
The State Patrol said alcohol and drugs were not believed to have been involved in the collision.
Most Read Stories
- This video of Marshawn Lynch narrating the 'Planet Earth II' iguana chase wins the internet
- Watch: Boat called ‘Nap Tyme’ collides with Washington State Ferry near Vashon Island
- Boeing blindsided as Trump slams Air Force One costs
- ‘Panicking’ Seattle home buyers, spooked by rising interest rates, rush to buy
- Former Seahawk Ricardo Lockette stirs anger at Garfield High assembly: ‘Men take the lead’
Police said one of the two failed to yield the right of way, but it was not clear who was at fault.