A 14-year-old Sumas boy was killed when his bicycle was hit by a car, police said.
A 14-year-old Sumas, Whatcom County, boy was killed Wednesday evening when his bicycle was hit by a car on Highway 547, state police said.
According to the Washington State Patrol, the boy — identified as Jordan D. Sant — died after being ejected from his bike. He was not wearing a helmet, police said.
The driver of the car was a 45-year-old man from Maple Falls in Whatcom County, police said.
The State Patrol said alcohol and drugs were not believed to have been involved in the collision.
Most Read Stories
- FBI’s massive porn sting puts internet privacy in crossfire
- Mariners make multiple roster moves: Tom Wilhelmsen placed on the DL, Nori Aoki sent to Tacoma WATCH
- Profanity Peak wolf pack in state’s gun sights after rancher turns out cattle on den
- A teardown a day: Bulldozing the way for bigger homes in Seattle, suburbs
- Air Force Thunderbirds take flight this weekend at JBLM show
Police said one of the two failed to yield the right of way, but it was not clear who was at fault.