A 14-year-old Sumas boy was killed when his bicycle was hit by a car, police said.
A 14-year-old Sumas, Whatcom County, boy was killed Wednesday evening when his bicycle was hit by a car on Highway 547, state police said.
According to the Washington State Patrol, the boy — identified as Jordan D. Sant — died after being ejected from his bike. He was not wearing a helmet, police said.
The driver of the car was a 45-year-old man from Maple Falls in Whatcom County, police said.
The State Patrol said alcohol and drugs were not believed to have been involved in the collision.
- Seahawks would be crazy to let Pete Carroll, John Schneider walk
- Democratic Party leader, Wasserman Schultz, resigns on eve of convention
- Ken Griffey Jr.’s emotional Hall of Fame speech makes him more human
- 2 teens killed, 3 injured in Edmonds crash
- Lawmakers object to the Library of Congress replacing the term ‘illegal alien’
Most Read Stories
Police said one of the two failed to yield the right of way, but it was not clear who was at fault.