The Seattle Fire Department determined that faulty electrical equipment caused the fire.
A fire that displaced dozens from a Northgate apartment building was caused by faulty electrical equipment and left an estimated $6 million in damages, the Seattle Fire Department said Sunday.
Fire investigators have determined that the Saturday afternoon blaze was accidental and began in a second-floor kitchen, the Fire Department said in a statement.
The fire occurred at Park Meridian, a three-story building at North 113th Street and Meridian Avenue North.
An estimated 60 to 70 residents were displaced by the fire.
Most Read Stories
- Swastika-wearing man punched on Seattle street, removes swastika, police say
- 'Polite Robber' suspect told similar sob story when arrested 8 years ago
- Pete Carroll on Seahawks offense: 'There will be some things that will be a little bit different this week' WATCH
- In Seattle mayoral race between Jenny Durkan and Cary Moon, it’s the same old sexist nonsense | Nicole Brodeur
- U.S. Attorney General Jeff Sessions sips a 'Nuke Waste' during low-key visit to Kitsap
All residents managed to escape the fire. One firefighter suffered minor injuries. The Fire Department said estimated losses from the fire included $4 million for the structure and $2 million for the contents of the building.
The Red Cross said it was providing aid to those impacted by the fire.