The mother of an inmate who died in the Snohomish County Jail has hired Seattle lawyer Anne Bremner to learn more about the circumstances.
EVERETT — The mother of an inmate who died in the Snohomish County Jail has hired Seattle lawyer Anne Bremner to learn more about the circumstances.
Bremner told The Daily Herald guards may have been negligent in the death last July of 22-year-old Michael Saffioti of Mukilteo.
He collapsed in his cell after eating breakfast. The medical examiner’s office says he died of asthma. Saffioti’s mother says her son had severe food allergies and didn’t receive the medical attention in jail that he needed.
Snohomish County Prosecutor Mark Roe says no charges will be filed because he doesn’t believe a crime was committed.
- 2 people killed in Seattle-area windstorm identified
- High winds stall firefighting efforts, fuel Tunk Block, Lime Belt fires
- Steven Hauschka's 60-yard FG gives Seahawks final edge over Chargers
- Chargers players upset with Frank Clark
- White House renames Mount McKinley as Denali on eve of trip