The mother of an inmate who died in the Snohomish County Jail has hired Seattle lawyer Anne Bremner to learn more about the circumstances.
EVERETT — The mother of an inmate who died in the Snohomish County Jail has hired Seattle lawyer Anne Bremner to learn more about the circumstances.
Bremner told The Daily Herald guards may have been negligent in the death last July of 22-year-old Michael Saffioti of Mukilteo.
He collapsed in his cell after eating breakfast. The medical examiner’s office says he died of asthma. Saffioti’s mother says her son had severe food allergies and didn’t receive the medical attention in jail that he needed.
Snohomish County Prosecutor Mark Roe says no charges will be filed because he doesn’t believe a crime was committed.
- On his birthday, Russell Wilson gives Seattle Seahawks perhaps his greatest game to beat Pittsburgh Steelers
- Seahawks 39, Steelers 30: What the national media are saying about Russell Wilson and Seattle's turnaround
- Girlfriend finds nothing funny about couple’s sense of humor
- Lake Stevens quarterback Jacob Eason gets visit from WSU’s Mike Leach; commitment to Georgia ‘in holding pattern’
- Could losing Jimmy Graham somehow help galvanize the Seattle Seahawks for a playoff run?