The mother of an inmate who died in the Snohomish County Jail has hired Seattle lawyer Anne Bremner to learn more about the circumstances.
EVERETT — The mother of an inmate who died in the Snohomish County Jail has hired Seattle lawyer Anne Bremner to learn more about the circumstances.
Bremner told The Daily Herald guards may have been negligent in the death last July of 22-year-old Michael Saffioti of Mukilteo.
He collapsed in his cell after eating breakfast. The medical examiner’s office says he died of asthma. Saffioti’s mother says her son had severe food allergies and didn’t receive the medical attention in jail that he needed.
Snohomish County Prosecutor Mark Roe says no charges will be filed because he doesn’t believe a crime was committed.
- Roads could be a mess this weekend — and Monday
- Seven things to know about Seahawks rookie Tyler Lockett
- New GM Jerry Dipoto provides more insight into how he’ll turn Mariners around
- Parents of toddler killed in Bellevue to return to India
- Hope Solo’s domestic-violence charges revived