The mother of an inmate who died in the Snohomish County Jail has hired Seattle lawyer Anne Bremner to learn more about the circumstances.
EVERETT — The mother of an inmate who died in the Snohomish County Jail has hired Seattle lawyer Anne Bremner to learn more about the circumstances.
Bremner told The Daily Herald guards may have been negligent in the death last July of 22-year-old Michael Saffioti of Mukilteo.
He collapsed in his cell after eating breakfast. The medical examiner’s office says he died of asthma. Saffioti’s mother says her son had severe food allergies and didn’t receive the medical attention in jail that he needed.
Snohomish County Prosecutor Mark Roe says no charges will be filed because he doesn’t believe a crime was committed.
- Costco delays credit-card switch
- Driver arrested after I-90 crash that killed 2
- Cleared after stabbing, former UW student wants his life back
- WSDOT chief ousted by Senate Republicans after 3 years on job
- Band's frontman: No Super Bowl halftime show for Metallica