The mother of an inmate who died in the Snohomish County Jail has hired Seattle lawyer Anne Bremner to learn more about the circumstances.
EVERETT — The mother of an inmate who died in the Snohomish County Jail has hired Seattle lawyer Anne Bremner to learn more about the circumstances.
Bremner told The Daily Herald guards may have been negligent in the death last July of 22-year-old Michael Saffioti of Mukilteo.
He collapsed in his cell after eating breakfast. The medical examiner’s office says he died of asthma. Saffioti’s mother says her son had severe food allergies and didn’t receive the medical attention in jail that he needed.
Snohomish County Prosecutor Mark Roe says no charges will be filed because he doesn’t believe a crime was committed.
- Seattle company copes with backlash on $70,000 minimum wage
- More pet-food recalls linked to potential salmonella contamination
- Seahawks sign four-year extension with linebacker Bobby Wagner worth a reported $43 million
- Impressions from Day Three of Seahawks' training camp --- Christine Michael, the center position, Tyler Lockett, and more
- After signing $43 million contract, Bobby Wagner admits he didn’t expect Seattle to draft him