More than 50 children from across the country are gathering at the White House for the first kids' "state dinner," a luncheon hosted by first lady Michelle Obama.
More than 50 children from across the country are gathering at the White House for the first kids’ “state dinner,” a luncheon hosted by first lady Michelle Obama.
The 54 children ages 8 to 12 are winners of Mrs. Obama’s Healthy Lunchtime Challenge, which asked children and their parents to create original, nutritious lunch recipes representing each of the food groups. More than 1,200 children entered.
The Washington state winner is 9-year-old Arla Sutton, who entered a recipe for Salad Noodle Wraps.
The Oregon winner is 9-year-old Robert Robinson, who won for his recipe for Veggie Pizza
- Seattle fifth-graders will get their camp trip, but teachers refuse to go
- Washington state GOP convention backs Cruz over Trump
- Philippine president-elect blasts Catholic church, bishops
- Five things to watch as Seahawks begin OTAs Monday
- UW surgeon, Harborview sued: Fatal surgeries used unapproved bone cement
Most Read Stories
The White House says it will post live updates and pictures of the event at https://twitter.com/letsmove .