More than 50 children from across the country are gathering at the White House for the first kids' "state dinner," a luncheon hosted by first lady Michelle Obama.
More than 50 children from across the country are gathering at the White House for the first kids’ “state dinner,” a luncheon hosted by first lady Michelle Obama.
The 54 children ages 8 to 12 are winners of Mrs. Obama’s Healthy Lunchtime Challenge, which asked children and their parents to create original, nutritious lunch recipes representing each of the food groups. More than 1,200 children entered.
The Washington state winner is 9-year-old Arla Sutton, who entered a recipe for Salad Noodle Wraps.
The Oregon winner is 9-year-old Robert Robinson, who won for his recipe for Veggie Pizza
- As USS Ranger departs, Navy's cost dilemma takes off
- Seahawks courting a pair of cornerbacks as free agency looms
- UW tops new list of best western universities
- Seattle's micro-housing boom offers an affordable alternative
- A disturbing trend of drowning out opposition in King County
Most Read Stories
The White House says it will post live updates and pictures of the event at https://twitter.com/letsmove .