More than 50 children from across the country are gathering at the White House for the first kids' "state dinner," a luncheon hosted by first lady Michelle Obama.
More than 50 children from across the country are gathering at the White House for the first kids’ “state dinner,” a luncheon hosted by first lady Michelle Obama.
The 54 children ages 8 to 12 are winners of Mrs. Obama’s Healthy Lunchtime Challenge, which asked children and their parents to create original, nutritious lunch recipes representing each of the food groups. More than 1,200 children entered.
The Washington state winner is 9-year-old Arla Sutton, who entered a recipe for Salad Noodle Wraps.
The Oregon winner is 9-year-old Robert Robinson, who won for his recipe for Veggie Pizza
- Mariners fire general manager Jack Zduriencik
- Now comes the hard part for the Mariners: Hiring Jack Zduriencik’s replacement
- Mariners demote struggling catcher Mike Zunino
- Why Russell Wilson needs to water down his Recovery claims
- Animated map: How the wildfires in North Central Washington have grown over time
Most Read Stories
The White House says it will post live updates and pictures of the event at https://twitter.com/letsmove .